Land Tier Charges

DaveXP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am buying a new parcel, and selling one that o currently own, swap really.  If I take ownership of the new land, my tier will increase, then when I sell it will go back down.  In order to avoid additional charges, do I need to sell first, or can I have like 24 hours to sell before I am charged additional tier fees?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DaveXP said:

I am buying a new parcel, and selling one that o currently own, swap really.  If I take ownership of the new land, my tier will increase, then when I sell it will go back down.  In order to avoid additional charges, do I need to sell first, or can I have like 24 hours to sell before I am charged additional tier fees?

sell first

the moment you buy first before selling your tier will rise for a full month

• Like 3

Alwin is correct. You always pay for the maximum amount of land that you owned at any time during the previous billing period, even if you only held that maximum amount for a second.  So sell first and if you are downsizing, do it near the end of a billing period so you have use of the larger parcel for the full time that you will be paying for it anyway. If your new parcel will be the larger one, make the change early in the billing period for the same reason.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.