So does this apply to the Mainland?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Part of this is a nice bonus for premiums and would be a nice feature on mainland, part of it clearly applies to estates where it will be very welcome.

Obviously mainland has no estate managers and owners, so that part clearly won't apply to any mainland region. But the original question remains will mainland get an increase from 50 to 55 people allowed in a sim?

More interesting is that 5 spots will be reserved for premiums. Up to 45 free members could get in or maybe if 44 premiums came in, 1 free would be able to enter, then 5 spots still reserved for only premiums.

This is something that would be quite advantageous applied to mainland, especially for land owners who end up with a bot-farm or club moving into their region.

A full region currently can hold up to 100 avatars whereas mainland can only hold up to 40 avatars and no where in the announcement does it state an percentage increase in mainland like it does for other region types. Also as @Callum Meriman pointed out, mainland does not have estate owners or managers. So neither one of the improvements proposed will apply to mainland. 

Edited by Lisa006 Baxton

I asked about this at the Server User Group and everybody (including Simon) seemed to think it was obvious in the announcement: the current Mainland limits (40 on Full regions) get the 10% Premium-only boost.

This is actually kind of cool specifically on Mainland because it will favor (necessarily Premium) parcel owners over (mostly Basic) club-goers and bots on regions where those landowners get crowded out currently.

This also applies to Linden water Homesteads that are often completely bot-filled: at least Premium sailors should be able to get through now.

For Mainland renters, however, this doesn't offer any relief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's not exactly brilliant news for non premium renters in the islands either, the landlord can get on the sim, the club next door can have premium visitors, but effectively, the non premium renters are being told they take second place getting into their own parcels, compared to premium visitors at other parcels on the sim

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

( To be clear, I sure didn't see it as obvious at first, either, or I wouldn't have asked the question! :$)

Not obvious to me either. Unless by some undocumented fact a Mainland parcel (not full region) owner is also considered an estate mgr.  Or we have inferior English skills.

Also there is the issue that as far as I understand the primary reason for the 40 Ava limit on Mainland is "child agents."  Though this is something I could be wrong about.  But now we have potentially increased the child agent load.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

everybody (including Simon) seemed to think it was obvious in the announcement

Although English is my first language, it certainly wasn't obvious to me. At least it's been cleared up :)

10 hours ago, Perrie Juran said:

Also there is the issue that as far as I understand the primary reason for the 40 Ava limit on Mainland is "child agents."  Though this is something I could be wrong about.  But now we have potentially increased the child agent load.

Very interesting thought, and I suspect you are right. They would have to be allowing a safety buffer for the child agents.

23 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I asked about this at the Server User Group and everybody (including Simon) seemed to think it was obvious in the announcement: the current Mainland limits (40 on Full regions) get the 10% Premium-only boost.

This is actually kind of cool specifically on Mainland because it will favor (necessarily Premium) parcel owners over (mostly Basic) club-goers and bots on regions where those landowners get crowded out currently.

This also applies to Linden water Homesteads that are often completely bot-filled: at least Premium sailors should be able to get through now.

Actually, it's not obvious at all from this announcement. The Lindens need to clarify it.

Don't assume that bot wranglers don't buy premiums for their bots, or may be motivated to now.

Also don't assume all renters don't have premium accounts. I have many customers with Premium who either keep a Linden home or have tier somewhere else or they put tier in my group to get a discount on rent. 

Yes, it's an incentive for sailors to become premium.

For most Mainland sims, the 40 limit isn't a problem. There are never more than even 20 on a sim, or even 10. There are some clubs and malls that have higher numbers. But the only time this is really felt by most people is if there is a merchants' event, and most of these are on private islands. I imagine this new feature was designed mainly to ease their problems of not being able to stay on their own sims to manage them during events.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:41 PM, Klytyna said:

It's not exactly brilliant news for non premium renters in the islands either, the landlord can get on the sim, the club next door can have premium visitors, but effectively, the non premium renters are being told they take second place getting into their own parcels, compared to premium visitors at other parcels on the sim

Seems to me that's an example of very bad land management on the part of the landlord,  and  also of strangely apathetic tenants.    I can't imagine any experienced landlord allowing a busy club and residential parcels next to each other on a private island, for the simple reason the residential tenants would all leave very quickly.    Yes, it's a problem on mainland, where anyone can buy a parcel for whatever purpose consistent with the region's maturity level, but one of the advantages of private regions is that the owners can, and usually do, enforce covenants and other restrictions on what people can do with their parcels.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

For most Mainland sims, the 40 limit isn't a problem. There are never more than even 20 on a sim, or even 10. 

I wish. I got a real deal on a parcel on Zindra, 3072 m roadfront for $4000 L. It seemed too good to be true but i bought it anyway. Unfortunately there is some sort of noob hangout on the sim run by a person who owns 2 small parcels. There's usually at least 20 avis there, and this morning, counting me and my friend, there was 43 avis on the sim.

I could try to sell it to some other unsuspecting sucker, but i love the location.

*shrugs*

9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

this morning, counting me and my friend, there was 43 avis on the sim.

I could try to sell it to some other unsuspecting sucker, but i love the location.

you could also try reporting them.. it is abuse of resources.. although i doubt LL will act on it, but still....

On 4/27/2017 at 7:13 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

you could also try reporting them.. it is abuse of resources.. although i doubt LL will act on it, but still....

True, I could, and even I considered it, but it would seem I'd have to document it as a recurring problem, and like you say, LL probably won't do anything anyway.

I might just plan a party when he only has a dozen or so people there, then I'll max the sim out with my friends for a change.

*smiles*

25 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I might just plan a party when he only has a dozen or so people there, then I'll max the sim out with my friends for a change.

And THEN you turn it into a report party with all your friends. ;)

Rumours are that reports from a big number of different avatars get more attention than multiple reports from the same reporter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.