so i just started and my account says the clothing isnt loaded yet or something like that.

Rudiess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

That will happen sometimes if your Internet connection is being ornery.  You have plenty of bandwidth, I'm sure.  SL doesn't require much.  If your connection is unreliable, though, you could easily be losing data packets or having spikes of long ping time.  That could happen, for example, if you were using a wireless or satellite connection or were far away from the servers (as in Australia, for example).  It could also happen if your connection was simply having a bad day.  Try rebooting both your modem and your router, restarting your compter, and logging in again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rudiess said:

thank you i have done both and neither worked though. my connection is full. it says other people can see me normally

Then that's 90% of the battle.  Your avatar files are evidently intact on the SL servers -- as they always are -- and other people are downloading them just fine.  Your own connection is just being flaky today.  That happens from time to time to most people.  If it happens often to you, you will need to do some deep sleuthing (or ask your ISP to look at your connection).  It's hard to guess from a distance where the problem is, except that it's close to you.  Just in case the problem is simply that your viewer has too much to do when you are logging in, try logging in to a nice, quiet region like Smith, where the servers have almost nothing else to do.

• Like 2

You can have a good Internet connection and a horrible connection to the SL servers. So, test your connection to the Sl servers. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Also, open the viewer's Stats panel (Ctrl-Shift-1 a toggle). Check Lost Packets. Zero percent is ideal. >3% is getting to be a problem. The troubleshooting article will give you more things to check.

Does the avatar ever render fully? How long do you wait?

Does this happen with all the various avatars? 

What you are seeing is called Bake Fail... the system could not 'bake' your avatar to fully render it. The latest information for this problem is provided by the Firestorm team, they make a third-party viewer. The article is for thier viewer, but the problem and fixes are the same on all viewers. See: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

When you ask a tech question copy your computer and viewer information from the Viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and paste it in with your question. When you sort of give us the error message we can sort of give you an answer. Be as specific as you can.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.