New here - interested in meeting others

BishopCharles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there @BishopCharles , welcome to SL!

The best way to get started in Second Life in my opinion is to First make yourself familiar and comfortable with the program. Perhaps visit a New-User friendly location, these places are often full of handy things like New User Guides, Cheap/Free shopping, and helpful Residents ready to give you a hand.

After you have the basics, I would recommend taking a look at the Destination Guide and visiting some places that appear interesting to you! Second Life is a large and diverse place, so it is best to think about "What Interests Me" and "How do I want to Spend my Time". Perhaps you are interested in Listening to Music and meeting new people, then you might consider visiting Clubs or Venues! Maybe you are interested in Science Fiction or Fantasy, in which case a Roleplay environment might be the right fit! You will find Locations and Communities dedicated to everything from Sailing to Photography, and just about anything in between....

Just remember Second Life is what you make of it, pursue your own interests and you will surely have a great time :D

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life, Bishop Charles. My alt(ernate self) Snugs bears a striking resemblance to Pope Innocent X. If you ever meet her... I apologize in advance, she can be quite a buzzkill.

Come to one of Hippie Bowman's Sunday breakfasts at 8AM SLT. He generally announces them in this thread just before it's time to eat... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.