why I can't furnish a 1 prim townhouse at a 175 prim allowed rental parcel?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was able to furnish one house at a rented parcel, but unable to furnish a upgraded house, that's just 1 prim. The rented parcel has 175 prims allowed to build. Why does a message appear saying " I don't have permission by the land owner & check the land tool", with the new upgraded house?

Townhouse interior.PNG

12 answers to this question

After further investigation of unable to "rezz" items to furnish the house, I found out the problem was the "rezzed" house itself, on the rented parcel. This particular parcel won't handle the "floor" of the house to rezz items such as beds, chairs, & tables, so I "moved" the house floor "under" the parcel ground. I was able to rezz any item inside the house, carpet first----smiles*.

Furnished Townhouse.PNG

2 hours ago, ral61 said:

After further investigation of unable to "rezz" items to furnish the house, I found out the problem was the "rezzed" house itself, on the rented parcel. This particular parcel won't handle the "floor" of the house to rezz items such as beds, chairs, & tables, so I "moved" the house floor "under" the parcel ground. I was able to rezz any item inside the house, carpet first----smiles*.

Furnished Townhouse.PNG

We call that bad mesh physics. A one prim mesh house? Well I have a two land impact one that you can rez in right on the floor LOL, but you need to know the rules. Glad you figured it out.

IF you add a regular prim "rug" on the floor of your house by making it and then dragging inside, you will be able to rez inside your house. 

@Rolig Loon- i was going to suggest the same thing even if something is barely hanging past the lines i have gotten that message and thought, wth I'm not over my prims...also i found you can't always put down a mesh object on mesh :set wine bottle on table if both mesh, i have to set bottle on floor first then raise it into position, not sure why that is

10 minutes ago, Raven Delgado said:

[ .... ] also i found you can't always put down a mesh object on mesh :set wine bottle on table if both mesh, i have to set bottle on floor first then raise it into position, not sure why that is

That shouldn't happen if the mesh was created properly but it does, unfortunately, if the physics shape of the mesh wasn't designed well.  You can beat the problem by rezzing a fresh prim and stretching it to match the size of your table top.  Then set it on the table like a tablecloth and make it transparent.  That "collision prim" will give you a solid surface to rez other things on.  That's exactly what Chic suggested in her last post, above ^^.

45 minutes ago, Raven Delgado said:

i was going to suggest the same thing even if something is barely hanging past the lines i have gotten that message and thought, wth I'm not over my prims

A lot of this has to do with where the 'root' prim is.  I have successfully hung almost half of a house over my neighbor's parcel while getting it situated properly - sometimes rez boxes are a pain.  As long as I kept the root prim on my land, I was able to have part of the house outside my land for a bit.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

On 13.5.2017 at 7:42 PM, Raven Delgado said:

Rolig Loon, i don't make mesh because i still don't get it

That doesn't stop many others from making mesh. :P

I'm sorry I missed this question until now. I'm actually familiar with that particular houses since we tried to use it on some sky paltforms at Coniston and yes, it does have faulty physics and also rather dodgy LoD. In the end I got so tired of it I just made my own 1 LI houses instead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.