Sign in to follow this  
EleanorSt

Creating mesh avatar

Hey guys,

I've created mesh clothing, weighted it, fitted it, all works perfectly as intended. I then attempted to get a mesh avatar going, and ran into a problem. Though the avatar uploaded without issue, when I try to attach it, instead of fitting to my body like the mesh clothing did, its hovering off in the distance like an attachment on an invisible selfie stick. Where am I going wrong?

Please help! Thanks

Eleanor

I've had this problem with even non-rigged objects. The only thing that fixed it was re-exporting the mesh and re-uploading it. One thing that might help is making sure to set the origin to somewhere within the object; not saying this was a mistake you made, but I've forgotten before and had the origin point several "meters" away from the obect I was working on. I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but I try to remember it anyway...

Not sure if this will help you any, but if it does, hey. Good luck~! ^-^

Thanks Berksey. The origin is set at the centre, and I've tried the whole thing from the beginning export wise again, so that wasn't it :(

That's really odd, since this is no other than a clothing attachment. Let's call it a skin suit.

Perhaps the skeleton you rigged it to isn't centered in the scene?