Dance poles in Moderate region are okay right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Also, public nudity isn't allowed on Moderate land, so be sure that the dancers know that they mustn't reveal anything.

Where does it say that in the moderate rating? Now I has to look it up cause I forgot after all this time.lol

I got this from the wiki.. it's about half way down the page..

Linden Lab Official:Adult Content FAQ

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

What about strip clubs?

Strip clubs in general are Moderate. However, they are Adult if they:

• Use adult keywords in listings and in search.
  • Have sex balls and backroom sex areas.
  • Like 1

Actually a lot of the older rules of a decade ago have been relaxed. I was told by several fairly official people in charge of Linden lands that nudity was no longer banned in Moderate regions as long it was things like showering or sunbathing and not sexual. The current official page no longer mentioned nudity as taboo in Moderate  https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/Section_.1.3

And sex furniture is often set out for trial at popular shopping venues these days. It sounds more like keywords in advertising is the thing you need to watch. 

Still, personally I would have a dress code that covered "bits" :D. 

• Like 2

@Phil Deakins

Sorry not clear on my comment. I don't actually know of any popular shopping venue beside Kinky that is on adult land. What I was referring to are the typical monthly shopping venue events (I am in a few) that are on MODERATE lands.  I questioned that practice and was told more than once by different owners that it was NOT against the maturity ratings.  Obviously sex furniture is OK in adult :D. 

They are not allowed in the one event I am in on GENERAL lands. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Chic Aeon

When adult land came in, sex furniture was always allowed, and useable, provided that nobody was naked. I had bots on beds for customers to try the beds with, so see what the anims were like. They were specifically allowed at the time.

By comparison, back in 2012, a couple of Linden's visited an adult social hangout, and stated that to remain in the ADULT section of the destination guide, the management had to move the 'kinky' furniture items away from the fixed landing point, out of sight, AND impose and enforce a "NO Nudity Of ANY Kind" rule, within 20 m of the landing point... This on an A Rated Non-Mainland sim. So basically the rules are whatever the Linden Clan Enforcer currently leaning over your prone battered body while rubbing their brass knuckles clean with a rag, says they are...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

@Phil Deakins

Sorry not clear on my comment. I don't actually know of any popular shopping venue beside Kinky that is on adult land. What I was referring to are the typical monthly shopping venue events (I am in a few) that are on MODERATE lands.  I questioned that practice and was told more than once by different owners that it was NOT against the maturity ratings.  Obviously sex furniture is OK in adult :D.

They are not allowed in the one event I am in on GENERAL lands.

A Rated shopping venues are not that uncommon, 7 Deadly Skins and Etchaflesh are on an A Rated sim.

"A" Rated sims are flexible in what you can do, worried that your skin store's displays of naked people, might offend some fool looking for an excuse to file AR's, set up on an "A" rated sim and the prude-troll can sit and spin. Selling clothing that's rated PG-European ("Warning may contain traces of nipple, unsuitable for persons living south of the  Mason-Dixon Line" heh, in Europe, teens are not only allowed to know women have nipples, they are even allowed to know what nipples are used for) and don't want the prude-trolls spamming you with AR's, open your store in an "A" sim.

Just because the ToS says you CAN have 'moderate' rated nudity doesn't mean you won't get a stream of bogus At's from people who never read the ToS...

More on nudity on Moderate lands, this time from Linden Lab Official: Adult Content FAQ in the Wiki

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?
Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

What about strip clubs?
Strip clubs in general are Moderate. However, they are Adult if they:

• Use adult keywords in listings and in search.
  • Have sex balls and backroom sex areas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Chic Aeon  Sex furniture is ok in public on M land. Even sex acts are ok for demos, but not naked or revealing.

@Klytyna  The Lindens were right though. Adult land is open to child avs as well as the rest, and they have to be kept away from sex, even on adult land. It was always that way when adult land came in.

Which is why, much to their annoyance... Inconsiderate SoB'sd in Kreepy-Kid Paedo-Bait Avis who INSIST on coming to private owned "A" rated parcels WILL usually be given 60 seconds to wear a 'proper grown up avatar' or get their tiny malicious asses hoofed off the sim. Applying the logic that you can't have A rated items and activity on an A rated sim because "some complete tw*t will try to shut you down by dressing as a 5 yr old" would basically close EVERY A rated sim, and probably cut LL's revenue enough to make them think again

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

I imagine that common sense would prevail. There's a big difference beteen a landing spot, and places that kids can walk into. They don't get the choice with landing spots.

Why would one of those Kreepy-Kid Paedo-Bait types visit a "Adult BDSM" sim anyway, unless they have some malicious intent or are planning to violate the ToS? No nudity in a 20m radius at the landing point on what was an open plan open air sim? The limit was far less than their draw distance would be, so they would still see naked people

The Kreepys choice was NOT to open the ADULT subsection of the guide, NOT to teleport to said ADULT destination and NOT to mouth off when a staff member on duty gives them 60 seconds to change avi or leave

For the adult sim users in SL, Kreepy-Kid-Paedo-Bait avatars are  a type of griefer attack, generally a single short warning followed by a well deserved shoot to kill policy with the banhammer.

The weirdest part are the excuses...

"Look i wear foot wigs, not kid, naked flatchested female hobbit with over large head, honest"

"Look, flesh toned deely-boppers on my head, not kid... shirt naked flat chected alien with oversided head, honest"

And of course the all time classic...

"Look, not kid, because Jap-Anime-tion Kawaii Hentaii Otaku Weabo Schoolgirl Samurai! So it's allowed!"

All adult sims are not about sex..Not saying that there are not people dressed as kids going to those..

Just saying there are different types of adult sims..Some are roleplaying sims and shoot'em up sims and stuff like that..

Some sims are put to adult just to be on the safe side and avoid headaches because of confusion of the  ratings system..hehehehe

8 hours ago, Klytyna said:

A Rated shopping venues are not that uncommon, 7 Deadly Skins and Etchaflesh are on an A Rated sim.

"A" Rated sims are flexible in what you can do, worried that your skin store's displays of naked people, might offend some fool looking for an excuse to file AR's, set up on an "A" rated sim and the prude-troll can sit and spin. Selling clothing that's rated PG-European ("Warning may contain traces of nipple, unsuitable for persons living south of the  Mason-Dixon Line" heh, in Europe, teens are not only allowed to know women have nipples, they are even allowed to know what nipples are used for) and don't want the prude-trolls spamming you with AR's, open your store in an "A" sim.

Just because the ToS says you CAN have 'moderate' rated nudity doesn't mean you won't get a stream of bogus At's from people who never read the ToS...

I was speaking about shopping VENUES as in EVENTS like FaMESHed, The Crossroads, Cosmopolitan etc, not individual stores. Of course there are plenty of stores for shopping on A rated lands. Back when Dutchies changed from G to A the rules were more strict. That must have been at least five years ago :D.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

I was speaking about shopping VENUES as in EVENTS like FaMESHed, The Crossroads, Cosmopolitan etc, not individual shores. Of course there are plenty of stores for shopping on A rated lands. Back when Dutchies changed from G to A the rules were more strict. That must have been at least five years ago :D.

Event's... yeah... I went to the Hentai fair with somebody, there wasn't a tentacle in sight anywhere. The Fetish Fair was on an M rated sim, and basically there was a severe shortage of Adult vendors, represented,, the search tags for the event suggested a hotbed of kinky fun involving "Master, Slave, Mistress, Lesbian, Sex" but the whole setup seemed geared to a nice safe place for shy retiring vanilla folk in floral summer dresses to discretely glance at some racy lingerie, and boast to their boring friends that "Oh I went to the FETISH fair...", without having to actually see those weird people with rlv collars, or latex or restraints parading about buying items the  vanilla's have never even imagined let alone seen or used...

Disney Compatible Family Friendly BDSM, which everyone knows stands doe "Babydolls, Daddies, Servants & Masters" right ? *coughs and spits on the floor in disgust*

Yeah events... don't expect to see many A rated events, it hurts the organisers profits

• Like 1

Not all dance poles are explicit/adult. Dance poles originally were not intented for the commonly thought of use today.

It is actually a great work out, utilising the upper body strength. If I had the choice, I'd say dance poles should be allowed on general land provided they are non-erotic intent, and have no sex animations. But don't just go plopping down one in a general land. Not entirely sure Linden Lab has the same view point here. It is ultimately up to them.

It should be fine to rez a non-explicit one on moderate land however.

References http://ipdfa.com/about/history-of-pole/

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was speaking about shopping VENUES as in EVENTS like FaMESHed, The Crossroads, Cosmopolitan etc, not individual shores. 

I'm usually nude at those events. Actually it's also one of the most common places where I see other nude avatars. Often more than at so-called 'nude beaches' in SL... It's more practical with trying demos.

Also tend to frequently wander M land in the nude, unless I see a sign saying otherwise or get a 'vibe' from a scene that it's not welcome. This is just because that's how I feel comfortable.

I'd guess that about half or more or all nudist venues in SL are on 'M' land rather than 'A'. Many do that to avoid sex-tourists. Others go for 'A' because they want to encourage or at least allow open sexual activity. But most of the nudist venues are just boring places where people sit on chairs AFK... A dance pole would collect dust... /sigh...

There's a general paranoia among some against child AVs, but I almost never see them on 'A' land and if I do, it's only in places that just happen to be on 'A' land.

Everyone I've met who used a child AV was a very mindful respectable person, quite often capable of very sophisticated / educated dialog. They just like to present as a child in SL. The funny talking types - I've seen maybe one or two at a 'distance' in all my years of SL. I always pegged that sort as 'tourists' - people messing around on a look rather than part of it's community. Much like how many griefers only use a furry avatar when griefing... and act weird. Whereas regular furries act pretty nicely most of the time, when I can follow the conversation and it's not about video games or heavy metal or something. :)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

I once encountered a child avi on a plane, he told me all about how his Mom had put him on the plane to go visit his aunt. When we landed and there was no aunt, he then said she had been delayed and asked in he could stay with me, I said he could. It was as this point that the conversation turned, and he started talking about running his hand up my leg, and playing with my skirt. I quickly left him there alone without his Mom or his aunt. I actually saw him again a week or so later, on another plane, with the same story, but he left with someone else.

My understanding is that you can do anything on moderate land that is allowed on adult.

However

1) the parcel has to be set to allow only members of an invite-only group to have access,

2) the parcel has to be set so that people outside can't see into the parcel, and

3) the adult activity has to be inside a building, but the first two conditions would seem to render this one moot

As well, you can't advertise any adult activity on a moderate sim. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.