Scripting for animations

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quick question: Has anything in LSL changed in recent years to help an avatar move smoothly to the next animation instead of moving up and down as the next one loads when the animation hasn't already been loaded in that login session? Anything like preloading for instance?

Edited by Phil Deakins

When uploading animations or static poses, there's an option for a smooth(er) lead-in and -out, and using it seems to help with quelling some of the jerky movement, IMO. Not everyone necessarily sets those on upload, though. But from what I've seen, even a static, one-frame pose can play as a smooth short animation if it's got the ease-in and -out set.

It sounds like you're talking about the sort of thing where, say, a piece of furniture has multiple anims and you want to switch how you're sitting (or whatever <-<;), though. I've seen some fairly smooth transitions in sits, but there does seem to be an awful lot of the "jumping up to sit down again" phenomena as well.

So Iunno... I guess it depends on the animations, maybe. Most people I know just use their imagination and pretend around it, or ignore it.

• Like 1

Thanks, Berksey. I've always used the smooth in and out options for the anims in my furniture - and it works - the avatars jump smoothly uip and smoothly down again lol.

I'd just wondered if anything had changed in LSL to overcome that problem. It seems that nothing has changed that can affect it in a positive way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.