Using Gear VR with Lumiya Viewer VR Mode?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, my first time posting, and I want to apologize if this question has already been answered or discussed - I was unable to find it through keyword search here or google searches.

So I noticed today that the Lumiya viewer has a VR mode, has anyone been able to use this with the Gear VR headset? The problem I am having is that when I turn on the VR mode in Lumiya then try to put the phone in the headset, the headset automatically turns the phone into the normal Oculus mode. Of course, from the Oculus home screen I can no longer access the Lumiya app. Is there a way to disable this automatic recognition of the headset by the phone so it doesn't do this? Or maybe some sort of Google Cardboard override or something? I would love to use the gear vr to see sl, but can't quite figure out how. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Althalus, if you just push up the connector you cannot interact or move the avatar using the vr controls right? You are using only the lens of the VR to simulate a 3d view... without exploring the scenario or interacting with others. So far this is the only way i found to use lumyia's 3D option as well. Very disappointed. Hopefully in a near future we can have an oficial 3d app from linden lab compatible with gear vr and others systems.

There is an app named BK Plugin and BK Manager. Use them to manage the Oculus apps and stop them from starting when the handset is placed in the headset. This is a common problem Gear VR users run into.

As Cado points out, you can tilt the connector up to prevent a connection. But, BK lets you accomplish the same thing and have the connection so the headset controls work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.