Can we see who "liked" our posts?

Maureen Boccaccio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks Tommy! <3 this!

I don't really think its that big of a deal @Rya Nitely. We're on the Internet and using avatars in Second Life under assumed names. How much more anonymity do we need? lol ... All kidding aside, I really like this change. Before this, someone could still theoretically like everyone's post except for your own. Nothing has really changed. People need to put their big boy pants on if they can't cope with someone not liking their post (agreeing with them). This is a public forum and people are going to agree and disagree with each other. As long as everyone voices those opinions in a constructive manner then its all good. 

@Tommy Linden If you need some more filler for your 27-page report. You can always count on Lorem Ipsum:D

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

• Like 1

Test done, Rya. I was notified of the 'like', but I was not notified of the 'unlike', therefore no name was provided. So you can unlike a post with relative anonymity. What unliking a post does do is remove the 'like' notification from the dropdown list, so it is possible to check who no longer likes the post, that's assuming they've kept a note of who like it, which is highly unlikely, or they have a very good memory and have actually seen who liked. Much of the time, it's not even going to be seen by the recipient. In short, I wouldn't concern yourself with it at all.

Edited by Phil Deakins
changed text
  • Like 1

I can understand it. There are a lot of people who read, but they don't post. One reason is because they may not want others to know their views. Being able to like anonymously gives them a way of expressing those views. 

Edited by Rya Nitely
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I can understand it. Both options have advantages. I liked leaving an anonymous gift on someone's doorstep, but also One with a card.

Same here.

In the past, I'd kept my kudos almost entirely to the Answers forum, where I felt I was advocating for useful answers. Now that most of the that traffic has drifted into other forums, that particular reason for liking posts has dissipated. Outside of answering technical questions, what I write and what I think are not necessarily the same thing. Liking posts anonymously was a way to express support for ideas without showing my cards. I don't do that much, but it was a nice ability to have.

Now I'll have to create alts to push my hidden agendas.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Now I'll have to create alts to push my hidden agendas.

That's something I love about all my alts. They always like my ideas, theories and opinions, and even my jokes :P. Shame they don't visit the forums much.

:SwingingFriends::SwingingFriends:

And with so many people agreeing with me I always think I must be right.

Edited by Rya Nitely
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.