New griefing strategies and tools?

Laneybug Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am perplexed!  I am the estate manager for about 23 sims owned by a friend.  She and I take griefing of the residents very serious and have always managed to keep griefing to a minimum.  However, over the last several months I have seen a trend with really weird things happening and I can usually tie it back to specific people being present when it happens.  For example:  a former resident that we had asked to leave because of her behavior came back and told another resident that she could take his land and throw him off of it.  When he told her that was not possible,she did it!  She also did some land things to another resident that she shouldn't have been able to do like terraforming, etc.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Today, I found the land around some of her parcels dropped between parcel lines and it couldn't be raised.  She had to revert the land.  She and I both thought of griefing again.  We have actually had someone clear her high prim sim twice.  We can't figure out how it's being done.  I heard that a new utility/griefer tool was out there that has those capabilities.  Anyone have a suggestion or knowledge on the subject?

3 answers to this question

I would open a support ticket as soon as possible.   Whenever I've had problems like this, I've had to jump through a few hoops while support have taken me through the obvious questions, but eventually I've always been able to get them to send someone over to take a look at the server logs, and usually that's fixed the problem (presumably either the greifer has been banned or whatever he's been using has been deleted from his inventory).

• Like 2

I have heard of no such new griefing tools, which is not to say they do not exist. However, the only time I have ever encountered griefing was when someone had their parcel wide open for scripts, object entry, and object creation turned on for everyone.  If people "own" their parcels, have you suggested they create a group for them and their friends and set the land to the group? Not necessarily deeding it, but setting it so that only members of that group can do any of those things?  I know some sailing sims require that object entry and scripts be turned on for water craft. If that is the case, what about a buffer zone round the waterways so that tenants can set their land as they wish?

A couple of thoughts ... if the parcels are "owned" by renters and any are deeded to groups, is this person in any of those groups, and if so, what powers has she been given in the groups? Do the tenants know their way around the "options" in About Land? Also, how many estate managers do you have? Is it possible someone added her as an estate manager? You might try blocking terraforming at the estate level and just  turn it on by request.

With regard to the 'dropped terrain' along parcel lines and not being able to raise it... the owner of the parcel I live/work on accidentally dug a 20 m trench around the 1/4 and dropped the rest of it 3 m, while trying to dig a shallow pond a couple of yards across, because they accidentally tp'd out in mid edit. They had no idea what they did, I sure as hell couldn't figure it, there wasn't anyone else around to have 'griefed' the place.

SL just glitched...

Good news is you CAN raise it, it's just a pain as you need to use a small gentle land brush and rotate cam so you are basically staring straight down into the trench, but that can be better than reverting a larger area and having to reedit.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.