something blocking my way

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Am on my homestead and there is something blocking the entrance to my club, there is nothing on highlighted  transparency and no objects prim  showing from unknown folk, I log on and off a few times and rebooted sim too,  does anyone have any ideas 

If you look at the photo I cannot walk towards the arrow, the                                         2nd photo you can see am standing on something but its not showing up

hightligher.jpg

hightlighted 2.jpg

Edited by greek Wingtips

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Most likely a mesh object such as stairs is set to physics type convex hull. They should be set to prim or none.

Doesn't even have to be mesh, a sliced prim will do exactly the same if set Convex Hull, CH is great for simple objects where you don't have to walk 'inside' them, or in the case of prims, inside their original unsliced / untapered / unhollowed shape, and useful for lowering LI, but there's always that "can't walk into it" problem, check the mesh/prims in that area see which one is Convexed, often with multi part linksets, adding or removing from the linkset can cause some of the links to flip from prim/none to convex, especially root links, as those cannot have a type 'none'.

Most often when it is not only the root that is affected, the owner has unlinked the whole build, making every prim a root prim, and therefore convex hull. (And then the owner might even link all those back together.)  Easy to do, when you think you have only one prim selected but have the whole build selected, before you hit unlink.  I have done it. Not that long ago.

Edited by Pamela Galli

Items that are set transparent with 'alpha masking' will remain invisible even if you turn on 'show transparent objects' unless you also turn off 'basic shaders'. Did you try this?

If this, and the bounding boxes solution fails... many years ago I had this issue until a rolling restart zapped something on the sim...

I thought the sim surround idea would have been the problem. :(

once years ago a customer had a ghosted object blocking part of her home, which behaved like your thing. I am not sure how the problem was solved, I figured a region restart.

Edited by Pamela Galli

The terraforming thing only tends to stick for an hour or so. Until something 'passing scan' SL does passes by and scans.

In all likelihood you have an actual ghost object... Something which the physics of SL thinks is there, but all other metrics do not. These are very rare... but it is what I had many years ago. They can sometimes go away on restarts - but I hear they usually take a support ticket to zap.

I came to check and there are (at least) three objects involved, all owned by you (greek Wingtips) and created by "Lastat Daxter" whoever that may be.

The first is overhead, so you'll bump into it if you fly up trying to get over the others. It's called "2066houtCast Display Board v3.4SET" and its origin is at <101.77910, 174.95700, 303.59920> . If you look at that location, though, there's nothing to be seen, so I suspect it's been scaled up to some vast size or something, so that location is in the middle of the otherwise invisible object.

The other are  unhelpfully called just "Object" (but again, they're also created by this "Lastat Daxter" so that might narrow the field)
one's origin is at <122.00640, 199.65270, 236.30910>
another at <80.91245, 169.39800, 239.20160>
-- again, nothing obvious to see at those locations, and anyway they must be really huge, whatever they are.

My suggestion would be to use Build / Pathfinding / Linksets and just return these objects by name and location, then maybe take them to a sandbox and see if they look like anything when rezzed while the Build Tool is open.

If other problems remain after these are off the scene I can come back with the handy-dandy collider-detector I just scripted for this investigation, and see what further evils lurk behind these.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I can come back with the handy-dandy collider-detector I just scripted for this investigation, and see what further evils lurk behind these.

Qie, could I have a copy of the collider detector?  Thanks in advance.  Happy to buy it if you put it on the MP.

It's a pretty trivial script, so I'll just paste it here:

key creatorQry;
key ownerQry;

{
    collision_start(integer total_number)
    {
        list objDetails = llGetObjectDetails(llDetectedKey(0),
            [ OBJECT_CREATOR
            , OBJECT_OWNER
            , OBJECT_NAME
            , OBJECT_POS
            ]);
        creatorQry = llRequestAgentData(llList2Key(objDetails, 0), DATA_NAME);
        ownerQry = llRequestAgentData(llList2Key(objDetails, 1), DATA_NAME);
        llOwnerSay("collided with "+llList2String(objDetails, 2)+" at "+(string)llList2Vector(objDetails, 3));
    }
    dataserver(key reqID, string data)
    {
        if (reqID == creatorQry)
            llOwnerSay("\t created by "+data);
        else
        if (reqID == ownerQry)
            llOwnerSay("\t owned by "+data);
    }
}

I used it in a long dimpled sphere that I wore wandering around bumping into things. Somebody with more patience might improve the reporting.

• Like 6

SO glad this topic was posted, I seem to have multiple invisible objects rezzed on my platform that block me from moving, or it looks like I'm walking over something. Heading in to see if any of these tips will solve my problem. There was a day that I was going through my lost and found folder, and some objects seemed to rezz, but were invisible, highlight didn't help. I'm willing to bet something here will solve it!! Thanks all!! (I'll let you know if something here does work!)

On 4/7/2017 at 0:35 PM, Qie Niangao said:

I came to check and there are (at least) three objects involved, all owned by you (greek Wingtips) and created by "Lastat Daxter" whoever that may be.

The first is overhead, so you'll bump into it if you fly up trying to get over the others. It's called "2066houtCast Display Board v3.4SET" and its origin is at <101.77910, 174.95700, 303.59920> . If you look at that location, though, there's nothing to be seen, so I suspect it's been scaled up to some vast size or something, so that location is in the middle of the otherwise invisible object.

The other are  unhelpfully called just "Object" (but again, they're also created by this "Lastat Daxter" so that might narrow the field)
one's origin is at <122.00640, 199.65270, 236.30910>
another at <80.91245, 169.39800, 239.20160>
-- again, nothing obvious to see at those locations, and anyway they must be really huge, whatever they are.

My suggestion would be to use Build / Pathfinding / Linksets and just return these objects by name and location, then maybe take them to a sandbox and see if they look like anything when rezzed while the Build Tool is open.

If other problems remain after these are off the scene I can come back with the handy-dandy collider-detector I just scripted for this investigation, and see what further evils lurk behind these.

Qie, THANK YOU!!!! Your suggestion seems to be the one to fix the problem I'm having!!! 

• Like 1

Am still no closer resolving this problem, I removed the items in question and still no luck, LL sent a unexpreance person to look and their thoughts were very very basic, so I had to reply to their Ticket and have it unresolved,  this is really causing us a lot of grief

27 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

A light sprinkle of swearing, Qie's script above, Firestorm Area search, permission from Greek to return the offending object  :)

Right. Wondering what the problem was that prevented Greek from taking  the objects himself when Qie found them for him.

Edited by Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.