What is best total AO combination for Female

JenniferAnneSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trying to better explain my question since there were no replies.  I have gone to marketplace as suggested by someone in the Sim.  However, I discovered a myriad of types of animations, but also several "sets" that seem to combine what I assume most people might be looking for.  These range in price but in the end I am looking  for a quality AO system (for lack of a better term) that can be  used with a classic or mesh body (if I go in that direction) that combines most everything a female would want to be included for her in order to enjoy the sim and the experiences it can offer.  Some of the combinations appear to be the same, but the description seems to reflect updated etc.  I am lost. Looking for suggestions as to what to buy, including recommended dealers etc. Please help.  Thanks 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

nearly all AO sellers have posestands to try out their animations... use search, and go try yourself.

Nobody knows your taste, what you want, and what you want to spend.

I wasn't going to respond to your response because you obviously have been around quite a while and I haven't. So for a while, I felt I may have asked a dumb or inappropriate question.  However, I thought about it more after going to various stores marketing AO's.  I demonstrated some.  However there are simply so many choices and offers, some many new and so many older, no one could possibly review them all.  Some of those for sale seem to be the same or slightly nuanced My intention was to gather thoughts/insight/critiques from those women or even men who have been here a while who have had the opportunity to use and observe various AO's.  I realize that it is my taste and my budget that will prevail, but having that (regardless of cost) will allow me to better focus on the best of those.  I have found that the seller is not necessarily forthcoming with what has been replaced or inadvertently or perhaps intentionally has made a description that does go into these things and have things up for sale that they have replaced or re-designed etc. . I currently have a classic avatar body/shape and may go to mesh at sometime, so I am looking for something that works with both. I understand that these will continue to change and develop over time. I simply hope to avoid the worry about spending time and money on things that have no value or that have been updated, replaced for any number of reasons or simply not well received etc. as of now.  If that is being to demanding or out of line to you, then I apologize; however I think there are others who have the same questions or concerns.  We are all trying to make things better to enhance our experience.  Let us try!     

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

you burn my response to the ground and than end with what i say : let us try ....?

try is all you have to do, clothes, bodies, animations everything in sl... and make your own choice, don't copy others, don't let you lead to only a handfull of businesses.. go around, and TRY

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you burn my response to the ground and than end with what i say : let us try ....?

try is all you have to do, clothes, bodies, animations everything in sl... and make your own choice, don't copy others, don't let you lead to only a handfull of businesses.. go around, and TRY

Apparently you missed my point....I don't want to have to spend hours upon hours trying to sort through things that don't work, that are essentially useless, that have no utility when compared to others out there or that have been replaced for other reasons or that have been combined with former or existing products so that I do not have to worry about compatibility between or among AO's. I also want something that functions well with both classic avatars and mesh avatars so that I do not have to be concerned (spend extra) if/when I switch nor do I want to go through the process again.  I value the opinions of others and anticipate that they would explain why their preference. That is not to say that I would make any purchase without determining anything for myself...but if I have some help in cutting through all the BS, chaff  and less than forthcoming marketing tactics of stores/developers, I want that information, and I am confident that I am not the only one who feels the same way.  Thanks!

The real point is that this is a Creation forum.  Specifically, the Animation forum is a place for people who create animations to discuss the tricks of the trade -- how to make anims better and how to get around things that don't seem to work quite right when you are making anims.  You're not going to get much discussion here about how to make a selection when you are shopping for anims.  That sort of discussion might be more likely to get the attention you want in, for example, the Your Avatar forum.

go jump around in sl a bit more before you do anything else or spend money.... you'r only 5 days old

next to that all AO's work for mesh ánd non mesh except bento.

you'r on a turning point in sl, bento is just released and more and more comes available, if this all is abracadabra for you... wait and get used to sl, go read instead of trying short cuts that won't work at all when you don't know what you'r doing. And that last... takes a bit longer than 5 days.

Go look around! pick what you like, learn like everybody else did.

I can give you a dozen landmarks and let you spend thousends of L$, but if you don't know how to use it it's worthless.

@JenniferAnneSL

You're absolutely right, there are a myriad of choices available on the market but there isn't necessarily a "best" ... I know that may sound cliche but its true. You're AO is a very personal choice and its also more difficult to shop for because a static image doesn't give a clear indicator of how the animation will interact with the shape of your body and of course an image does not show the full range of motion associated with that animation.

All AO's will work with both the legacy and mesh avatars. So once you make the changeover you won't have to replace the AO unless of course you want too. You can either purchase a complete AO which will include all relevant animations (standing, sits, walks, etc.) or you can add/remove animations from an existing AO or HUD. When it comes to the AO's don't assume that a higher cost complete AO or individual animation might be better.

A few vendors I have made purchases from are Vista, Akeyo and Oracul. To Alwin's point though. Try and find something unique. The vendors I listed are pretty popular so their animations are also commonly seen around the grid which makes them less interesting to see unfortunately. When it comes to shopping for an AO on the marketplace just use it as a reference to find some stores and sample the poses out. If you're going to be picky about your poses expect to spend some time shopping around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The real point is that this is a Creation forum.  Specifically, the Animation forum is a place for people who create animations to discuss the tricks of the trade -- how to make anims better and how to get around things that don't seem to work quite right when you are making anims.  You're not going to get much discussion here about how to make a selection when you are shopping for anims.  That sort of discussion might be more likely to get the attention you want in, for example, the Your Avatar forum.

Now that makes sense to me. Not that the other replies didn't and I appreciate them, especially the last two by Alwin and Chase respectively.   I also agree that I really don't know how use an AO in real sense nor do I really know what I am doing at all.  It does seem that others comment a lot about an AO, and it is expected to have one.  I am just trying to experience the experience...and I get it, there is no experience unless you get out there.  Believe it or not, I am trying to do that.  Thanks to all!    

You could start by simply getting a few of the free/cheap AO's that are available on the marketplace and work fine, a lot better than nothing (I still use a free AO). Look for the ones with lots of good reviews. Try them all, out and about, until you have a good idea of what works best for you. Then you would be in a better position to judge the options when you go to upgrade in the future.

Alwin is so right though. Anytime I am helping out new residents in world I always make that same suggestion as he did. Take some time to learn the platform. Aside from avatar customization (which is a lot unto itself) there is a lot of other things to learn and get exposed too. A lot of new residents that made the mistake of spending a lot of money quickly later realize how much they may have wasted in buying stuff they couldn't use or things they didn't need. Nothing is "expected" ... Your avatar is yours to do with as you please. Like Alwin said earlier, don't feel compelled to follow the pack. Be original and have fun with it.

Actually, I have never bought an AO in the ten years I have been in SL.  I have used free ones based on the Zhao (or Zhao II)  and I have scripted a few for other people, but I have used the built-in AO in the Firestorm viewer for the last few years.  It's not only free but it doesn't add any scripts to me and it's rather flexible and easy to adapt. The AO you use doesn't really make much difference when it comes right down to it.  It's a very simple HUD, and AOs all work pretty much the same way. What counts are the anims you put in it. I have never wanted other people to decide what combination of anims looks best on my av, so I have spent a decade gradually gathering ones that feel like me and adding them, one at a time, to my repertoire. 9_9

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.