Where can I meet other furries?

BunnyAnthro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiyas,

A lot of us furs start out at Rocket City Fur Meet to find our first avatars. Northstar Mall is another popular one as well for finding furry related things.

As far as meeting other furs, there are a lot of places to go, all with slightly naughty names. Gay Yiffy Club is always populated as well as the Bondage and Yiff Club. Don't let the names scare you. There is more to life than naughty things and you can meet some great like minded friends at places like that. If you are a teen you will not be able to get in either place as they are adult only for their and our protection.

Go here to find reviews of furry avatars:

http://www.slarf.org/

Most of the furry groups are pretty silent, but if you joined one and said something you might be able to change that. :)

If you go to Luskwood - it can seem very cliquish - and I suspect the solution to that is to not be a wallflower but to start the conversation yourself or join into an existing one. It is a 'G' rated sim so don't be that person that shows up with the toys on display.

There are a -lot- of furry clubs, but almost every last one of them caters to heavy metal subgenres only (punk, metal, acid, and whatever else some of that stuff is called). If that's your thing then you're good to go, if it isn't then you're like me and stuck somewhat outside the community. :)

(I've got a reggae furry hangout, but I've not been managing or promoting it. If I ever find the right set of DJs and people who want to work it for tips and fun - I might get it going. But otherwise I just enjoy the build so that it doesn't become a money sink.)

Fill in your profile with all friendly stuff, including the new interests section.

I've got a guide here for getting started in second life:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/getting-started-in-second-life/

And you can always IM me for help or for a safe place to change outfits / rez boxes. :)

(check out my M or A rated lots for places to do those things. I recall finding a good spot was a big concern for me when I was new - there are lots of them all over SL, but finding one when you don't yet know what to look for is hard. All of my land allows short term 'rezzing' for package opening, and much of it has little hidden spots.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey^^ you can try some of these places Luskwood Kinzart Furzona IYC(international Yiff Center) despite the name its a cool club tons of furs GYC(gay Yiffy club) despite the name another cool club there are also non furry clubs that accepts Furries I'm a fur and i tend to hang at Club Industry

theres plenty of furry clubs and such, as mentioned above check out Luskwood , thats one of the more popular spots.

ALSO keep in mind your not limited to just SL!!!

www.furaffinity.net <- LARGEST Furry Community on the web

Also google your state and furry and find out the site for your local furgroups, most major areas have a furgroup there were you can meet up online or in person with other furries.

Also dont forget Furry Conventions too ;)

Hey I found these in my travels accross cyberspace, they could help, im not sure

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/

http://furnation.com/

http://pounced.org/

And of course www.furaffinity.net

Also there is heaps of information  if you search for furries on youtube or a search engine such as google

enjoy being a fur on SL ! I do !

Edit.. I fixed a typo..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kinzart Kreatures and Darkspot Designs have the best furries in Second Life in my opinion as far as avatars go. As far as clubs go me and my partner own Yiff Alley Lounge an adult furry hangout that is urban and grungy and friendly toward everyone humans and furries alike. There are many other places though like IYC, Yiff, and a few other big clubs,

http://yiffalleylounge.blogspot.com/ & http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Helgrind/242/113/993

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow. I know I'm still a newbie as far as SL is concerned, but I can already tell that there's a wealth of information here in the comment section. I'll be sure to write down some of these locals and check them out in the near future. Thanks guys!  By the way, there's also a sizable furry community on Devaintart. Most of the people there, furs and non-furs alike, are pretty accepting and open minded. In fact, I've actually uploaded some of my own work there. Just type in "wapond" or "Warren_the_wolf" in the search bar, and you should have no problem finding one of the pieces I've worked on, and from there you should be able to navigate to my profile page, no sweat. I also happen to be friends with Bleuxwolf and Voltna, so be sure to check them out, too. And if you find something you like, be sure to leave a comment. After all, as artists, we could certainly use the feedback. It helps us determine what you folks would like to see more of in the future.

3 minutes ago, warrenthewolf said:

Wow. I know I'm still a newbie as far as SL is concerned, but I can already tell that there's a wealth of information here in the comment section. I'll be sure to write down some of these locals and check them out in the near future. Thanks guys!  By the way, there's also a sizable furry community on Devaintart. Most of the people there, furs and non-furs alike, are pretty accepting and open minded. In fact, I've actually uploaded some of my own work there. Just type in "wapond" or "Warren_the_wolf" in the search bar, and you should have no problem finding one of the pieces I've worked on, and from there you should be able to navigate to my profile page, no sweat. I also happen to be friends with Bleuxwolf and Voltna, so be sure to check them out, too. And if you find something you like, be sure to leave a comment. After all, as artists, we could certainly use the feedback. It helps us determine what you folks would like to see more of in the future.

better check first if these actually still are online... this posts are 6 yrs old... Would be more usefull to start a new fresh one

On 4/12/2011 at 0:42 PM, BunnyAnthro said:

I'm new to Second Life and I'm wondering what area I can find other friendly furries in and where I can get a furry avatar.

43 minutes ago, warrenthewolf said:

Popular furry clubs: Gay Yiffy Club ("GYC"), the Yiff Spot. These places often have malls as part of their regions with vendors that sell furry avatars. You can also find any type of furry avatar on the marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.