making a Maitreya tattoo HUD

mQQnie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I'm not really sure where to put this, but very slowly taught myself how to make a prim box with the Maitreya applier script inside it, also inserting the notecard with my created tattoos. I wanna just sell the little prim box, but one of my lovers won't let me, she says it MUST be a HUD that the customer can "add" onto their screen and click for the layers to apply. I've done a lot of research and simply cannot seem to find HOW to make this HUD that you "add" onto your screen to apply the tattoo! Can someone help me? I looooove making tattoos, and i'm SO ready to make them and sell them, but I cannot just sell a "prim box". Attached is a pic of one of my own tattoos!

Snapshot_001.jpg

You can market it any way you like, but HUDs are convenient and familiar for most people.  Making a HUD is no different from making any other scripted object, except that it is attached to your screen.  There are a very few guidelines that make a HUD more "friendly", so you should read those >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Creating_HUDs

I'm not familiar with the Maitreya applier script, so I don't know whether it's meant to operate on touch or by some other method and I do not know whether you will need to do any further scripting to use it in a HUD. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much Rolig! I have no problem at all creating a box prim, and putting the Maitreya applier script and the notecard with my texture, that is easy as pie... and then when you touch the little box prim, it'll give you a blue pop up menu in the top right corner with "tattoo" "underwear" and "clothing" layers. If i could sell my little prim box i'd be happy! lol I'm having a problem attaching it to me screen, it seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. I will read up on the Wiki though, thanks again!

27 minutes ago, mQQnie said:

[ .... ] I'm having a problem attaching it to me screen, it seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. I will read up on the Wiki though, thanks again!

If that's the only problem, you're all set. To attach anything to your av, just right click on it in your inventory and select Attach To ...  .  When you want to attach something as a HUD, select Attach As HUD ... .  The only trick to attaching a HUD, as you have probably already discovered while reading the wiki article, is that you have to have the object turned around the right way.  Your screen is always looking "forward" with respect to your avatar, which means that it is always facing your avatar's local +X direction and you are seeing its "back" side.  On a cube, that's face #4.  If you can't figure out which face that is, the easiest thing to do is to rez the cube on the ground, select it with your editor, and set it to show the LOCAL axes (not Global ones). The face that has the tail of the red (X) axis going into it is face #4, so texture that face with whatever you want to have show on the screen when you attach it as a HUD.

BTW, if your HUD is small and you attach it to a point on the edge of your screen, it might actually attach outside the visible boundary of the screen, where you can't see it.  No problem.  Just temporarily select anything that's on your screen (your AO maybe) and scroll the mouse wheel back to show the screen boundary.  Then grab your HUD and drag it where you want it to be and close the editor.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Afterthought.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.