tabletopfreak Toocool

gay dude looking for reasons to login

sup, names mykie.. long time here in sl, been playing BDO alot lately, just looking for a reason to log in here more often .. an engaging rp sim would be cool .. just looking for something that makes me feel like there is a purpose for playing this anymore... sl feels kinda dead 

Not sure how anyone else can help you, everyone has thier own reasons for logging in, for me it is a creative outlet, I love taking pictures and trying to continually create better ones, as well as remodeling and decorating my house. Those things however may not appeal to you, you shouldn't feel you have to find a reason to log on, if it does not draw you in, it might not be for you.

• Like 3

What kinds and styles of roleplay are you looking for?

I have a long list of RP sims I like, most tend to be modern RP that use literary Para-Post - but others are just fine with simpler styles of RP.

Laforche Crossing looks to be fun and has some really good people involved.  CrackDen is the Biggest Game in Town and skews more urban/darker-themed.

The real trick anywhere is to be a "Roleplay Initiator" and be the one to strike up in-character conversations with people. Waiting for someone else to speak first almost always leads to boredom ;-)

Good luck!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

The real trick anywhere is to be a "Roleplay Initiator" and be the one to strike up in-character conversations with people. Waiting for someone else to speak first almost always leads to boredom ;-)

Seconding this. If you're not comfortable with going up to someone (or a group) and directly initiating roleplay, a trick I often used - especially with groups - was to get within chat distance and then RP hanging around or passing by, stopping to check in my pockets for a cigarette lighter and hearing the murmur of them talking, moving a bit closer to eavesdrop while I smoked; anything like that. It was a subtle way to introduce myself into the conversation without actually barging in and interrupting. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not (roleplay groups can often be cliquey) but it may be worth a try if you find an RP sim that you like the look of. As @AmandaKeen said, Crack Den is very popular (and the group chat can be pretty hilarious) so that might be a good start.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

As @AmandaKeen said, Crack Den is very popular (and the group chat can be pretty hilarious) so that might be a good start.

So true :-)  The Crack Den Out of Character chat is a major attraction!  

More than anything, I find SL to be simply a social platform no matter where you are. Unless you are specifically here for building/creating.

Meeting the right people/groups, making friends to play in RP, and sharing your experiences is the key. Lonely venturing leads to boredom regardless of your sexual orientation.

Sarbo is a great gay community that is quite lively and entertaining. Not an RP community.. However- I am sure there are people that can point you in the right direction. Create a "home base" somewhere and the rest will fall into place.