Sign in to follow this  
GongYoo

Question about security orb.

Okay so someone messaged my business partner today telling him that the security orb on my land which is at 32 feet and detecting a range of 256 somehow gave them a message at their store which is at 1000 feet. Is this actually possible? I checked the history on the orb for the last detections and their name is nowhere and the list goes back 7 days so I don't understand how it detected them up there and didn't show them on the detection list. They've had sales this morning and nobody has messaged to say the orb showed up for them. Any ideas why this might have happened?

might be simply they got to close on the way to that store... or just a glitch

A script can detect anybody anywhere on the sim. There are no limits. Only if the orb is outdated then it's limited in range.

Did it message your neighbour? Absolutely possible. Nobody but your neighbour can tell.

I suggest to check your orb settings. Most have a setting that restricts their activity on your parcel and have an eye on the range too. If it continues to message avatars out of scope it's buggy.

Yep it's detecting people way out of range it's on a private region and it doesn't matter how low I set it the thing still detects 1000m up. I need to find a new one it seems.