Cashout Issues

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

I think they might calculate how much you earned over a period of time to see if you can spread it out to less than $2000 a month. I still think the purpose is to get the $15 fee more often.

I figured that was the purpose to and so didn't even apply. If I make over a thousand a month I imagine they will increase my ability to cash out. Otherwise what do I do with the money LOL.    Thanks for verifying my suspicions. I see you have an empty post. They REALLY need to fix it so you can delete. Even starting to answer and then changing your mind is messy. :D. 

BUT the translate function within the forums is pretty darn cool. Thumbs up there. 

3 hours ago, boltbolt said:

What about the limit to submit your info to the IRS is it 500 a year? Or entire lifetime on sl? People can only have 1 PayPal account I believe. 

You can also have two emails that go to one account. Linden Lab would of course know the typist is the same person through the over $600 or whatever IRS thing. I as Chic actually have an account that I have never used. I set it up long ago so that someone that wanted a machinima could pay me and not know who the typist was.  That film didn't come to pass so the account has never been used. But was at least possible a few years ago. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, boltbolt said:

Can income tell me why my process credit limit is 0 even though I added a payment? I tried buying lindens and it let me but my buying limit is 30.

Greetings Bolt!

Everyone's limit starts very low at first when you first start buying and selling L$.  Your limit will automatically go up over the next month or so until you hit the Resident 1 level.

You can see your limits on your account on the main Second Life web site. Here is the direct link for you:

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Samual Wetherby said:

Credit Processing issues again?

Since faster processing started, I've been 1 day roughly 24 hours for the credit processing to finalize to Paypal.

Sent one 3 days ago and still nothing. Support sent me to a canned response link.

Anyone else having delays?

Greetings Samual!

Process Credit times are 3-5 business days, although Linden Lab does try to process the transactions as quickly as possible.

If your Process Credit is still pending after 5 business days, please send us a Support Case so that the correct team can look into the issue further.

https://support.secondlife.com/

16 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings Bolt!

Everyone's limit starts very low at first when you first start buying and selling L$.  Your limit will automatically go up over the next month or so until you hit the Resident 1 level.

You can see your limits on your account on the main Second Life web site. Here is the direct link for you:

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

Hi there Dakota!   :D

I think the residents figured out the issues with the change last month on cashing out limits (on this and other threads) and we know now through trial and error LOL that our limits will only be increased (almost 10 years old here and had previously cashed out well over $1500 US at a time and now limited to $999) when we can show continuous need to cash out over $999 (and in one case $1999) .  So we get that this is actually a "fee" change and we will live with that -- some less happily than other apparently.

The question I still have is that I have two friends who have told me that their cash out processing levels did not change and that they are still at a level WAY above what they will ever use. THIS puzzles me.  Is there something else besides USE that figures into this or were those instances just oversights?  It doesn't really matter that much to me personally, but I AM a curious gal.

Thanks and "welcome to the forums". Glad to have you!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hi there Dakota!   :D

I think the residents figured out the issues with the change last month on cashing out limits (on this and other threads) and we know now through trial and error LOL that our limits will only be increased (almost 10 years old here and had previously cashed out well over $1500 US at a time and now limited to $999) when we can show continuous need to cash out over $999 (and in one case $1999) .  So we get that this is actually a "fee" change and we will live with that -- some less happily than other apparently.

The question I still have is that I have two friends who have told me that their cash out processing levels did not change and that they are still at a level WAY above what they will ever use. THIS puzzles me.  Is there something else besides USE that figures into this or were those instances just oversights?  It doesn't really matter that much to me personally, but I AM a curious gal.

Thanks and "welcome to the forums". Glad to have you!

Hello Chic,

The change made to the limits on the Process Credits was done to bring Linden Lab into compliance with regulations, as stated in the Announcement post. 

Billing and Trading Limit increases are based on usage. If your friends requested increases in the past, and Linden Lab saw that their usage was such that an increase was warranted, it would have been granted. 

If their usage has leveled off, or even gone down, since that time, Linden Lab would not automatically bump them back down to a lower limit.  They can, however,  ask Linden Lab to lower their Limits back down at any time, if they wish.

While they may not be impacted directly by the change, their levels were changed, and they can see the limit on their account page on the Second Life web site.

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

While they may not be impacted directly by the change, their levels were changed, and they can see the limit on their account page on the Second Life web site.

Thanks for the info. They DID apparently check and they still had the same levels as before the change -- or so they said. Hence my confusion. "I" of course am not "them" so I cannot verify :D.  At least most of us understand now. 

7 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings Samual!

Process Credit times are 3-5 business days, although Linden Lab does try to process the transactions as quickly as possible.

If your Process Credit is still pending after 5 business days, please send us a Support Case so that the correct team can look into the issue further.

https://support.secondlife.com/

Yes, the old "canned" reply is 3-5 days, but Linden added faster processing time to a lot of accounts, including mine with a steady 1 workday. Now I've got several sitting at linden with nothing for days. Just another "canned" reply from linden when I asked what happen.

10 hours ago, Samual Wetherby said:

Just another "canned" reply from linden when I asked what happen.

nobody here knows what happens or happened, residents have no access to processing details from others.

If you want detailed info about your own transactions, your only source is a call to support or ticket

• Moderators
On 4/28/2017 at 6:14 PM, Samual Wetherby said:

Yes, the old "canned" reply is 3-5 days, but Linden added faster processing time to a lot of accounts, including mine with a steady 1 workday. Now I've got several sitting at linden with nothing for days. Just another "canned" reply from linden when I asked what happen.

Hi Sam,

I am very sorry that the only information I can personally provide to you is the normal processing times and to submit a Support Case if your request is outside of that time frame. 

Unfortunately, I am not on the Billing Team, so I do not have access to any of the information that would directly assist you. 

Also, please keep in mind that these forums are public, and I would feel extremely uncomfortable discussing specific details regarding your (or anyone else's) account, or account billing transactions, in public, where it is honestly no one else's business. :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.