Sims that adjoin only at a corner

AlexGJacobs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a dumb newbie question I am sure.  I have purchased land in a private sim.  Looking at the map, this entire area is done checkerboard style (i.e. all the sims adjoin but only at the corners.  They do not share a common side.  I can't see the other sims from my sim, even with my draw distance set to 1024 and my avatar positioned at the touching corner.  If I TP into that sim, it renders.  When I return to my region, the other region disappears after a short period and it appears as SL water.  Do two regions have to share a common side in order to see it?  

9 minutes ago, AlexGJacobs said:

This is a dumb newbie question I am sure.  I have purchased land in a private sim.  Looking at the map, this entire area is done checkerboard style (i.e. all the sims adjoin but only at the corners.  They do not share a common side.  I can't see the other sims from my sim, even with my draw distance set to 1024 and my avatar positioned at the touching corner.  If I TP into that sim, it renders.  When I return to my region, the other region disappears after a short period and it appears as SL water.  Do two regions have to share a common side in order to see it?  

Yes, sort of - a region that touches another one only at a corner is invisible unless there's another region connecting them with shared sides - i.e. if there's another region in front of you and then a region to the side of that one, you can see into both of those regions despite the fact that one of them doesn't share a side with the region you're in. I think the "corner-only invisibility" is a specific setting that Second LIfe uses to allow private regions to be packed closer together.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.