Irrek Oanomochi

sex expectations in SL

Being clear on how you view it, does not stop them from expecting you to play the game according to their rules, and getting upset when you refuse to.

Whats interesting is that not ONLY is the guy a jerk, but he tried to sway you into acceptance of his jerkishness,

You met an actual Asshat Evangelist........

Clarity:  All evangelists are not asshats. THIS guy was evangelizing for the Gospel of Jerk making him (specifically) the Evangelist of Asshats.

Edited by Suzanne Weir
  • Like 2

A lot of users do come to SL with the idea of playing it like a Sex sim. There really isn't another option out there for the level of sexual freedom this game offers in the format its presented in. Just about any wild fetish or fantasy is possible, and that attracts the people who are looking for a sexual outlet that allows them to do those kinds of things.

While I personally didn't come to SL with the intent of taking part in the virtual sexual activity, its a common enough thing where I eventually found places and communities that are relevant to my sexual tastes. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to experience some of those things.

But there is definitely an issue with people overstepping bounds. Some people can be very pushy and really heavy on others about sex in SL. Theyre expecting that if you do X you're into Y and Z too. And that others who take part in SW sexuality are just like them who play it exclusively for sex related reasons.

But that just isn't the case. I have a thing for casual nudity. So I frequented a place called Bare Fur, furry dominant nude beach. And while plenty of other things took place there, it was first and foremost about the very mild sexual fun that is doing things in the nude. Feeling like your avatar is a bit more free, a very relaxed and casual atmosphere, talk to people, show off a bit.

So while standing around or laying on a towel or something, people presume that because I'm naked I'm down to bang any time. Which just isn't the case, I'm not there for that. And it gets really annoying when people won't take no for an answer. It kills that casual vibe. Even asking politely I'm probably gonna turn you down, and most people are just fine with that, everything carries on as usual.

But sometimes there's a person who doesn't seem to understand that another person is behind the avatar their talking to, and that this person should be treated as you would IRL. Don't force yourself on someone or continue trying if you get a "no". That goes from regular sexual interest to creepy really fast.

Even worse is people who don't ask at all. If I'm sitting on a towel with adult interactions nobody is gonna just gonna jump in and go to town. Normal people just don't do that, they recognize that that's just unacceptable on a social level 

But its happened to me and to many others. These people who don't respect sexual boundaries.

A lot of great points made— especially when Cykarushb said " A lot of users do come to SL with the idea of playing it like a Sex sim. There really isn't another option out there for the level of sexual freedom this game offers in the format its presented in. Just about any wild fetish or fantasy is possible, and that attracts the people who are looking for a sexual outlet that allows them to do those kinds of things."

Due to the anonymity that Second life offers, some feel entitled to conduct themselves in a manner which may be unbecoming to others. Many are socially inept, sexual deviants, ego maniacs or just plain crazy For the super aggressive ones, trying to tell them otherwise is like preaching to the choir. Don't even try. Just ignore and move on :D

Advertising you're not interested in pixel play only makes you more of a target IMO.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, Suzanne Weir said:

This kinda goes back to "SL is different things to different people"

For some, its an anonymous cybersex hookup place, a game.

For others its like 3D Facebook.

Still others are seriously looking for the love of their life.

That's why its good to be clear on how YOU view it with potential partners.

Plus 1!