Kadah Coba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At the moment, it's a bit difficult for me to understand how they can promote Sansar other than by showing pretty pictures of environments created there, since there's not a lot else they can show.    Once they've got the scripting engine rather more advanced, then there will doubtless be all sorts of interactive environments they can display  but the first order of business, as I understand it, was to get mesh uploading and rendering right before they tackled anything else.   So at present, or so I am told, there's not much else there other than a lot of pretty mesh interiors, exteriors and objects.

On 4/2/2017 at 5:49 AM, Qie Niangao said:

One other anti-griefing feature of Experiences is the ability to readily revoke the permissions.

Which is more than could/can be said for the default animate permissions.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:59 AM, Qie Niangao said:

As with any third-party scripts, there are bound to be creators who use the product without quite understanding how to do so efficiently. For example, I have a really hard time imagining a reason for multiple instances of the AVsitter engine in a single object (unless this simply means a bunch of the "[AV]sitA" and B per-sitter scripts in a single instance of the engine. And I certainly don't see numbers anything remotely like what you're showing in that table for any of the many AVsitter-scripted items on my land, although it's true that I almost always update and thin-out unnecessary helper scripts left stranded in commercial products, so that may reduce the noise. It's not my product or anything -- I too have some quibbles -- but I'd be happy to investigate the specific problem items; that said, I'm not so comfortable discussing the overall pros and cons of a script product here, beyond the Experience-specific considerations.

The worst ones are these sitting circle things (I'll post a marketplace link later when I find it). Its got like a dozen separate places for single people to sit, though it may also have places for more 2 and 3 to get together. If there were an equal number of places to sit that were separate object instead of the single one, there'd be no difference in resource usage other than being harder to track. AVsitter's number of scripts used is quite high, the idle script time when not in use is rather high, multiply it by an order of magnitude by grouping a bunch together and it becomes obvious.

One to a few = Nice thing, not a big deal.

Dozens = This is why we can't have nice things.

xD

On 4/1/2017 at 2:59 AM, Qie Niangao said:

I certainly never expected to be stuck forever with the current approach of requiring an ongoing Premium subscription per Experience, and I don't understand the thinking behind it at all.

I think that is because the intent was single scoped for residents to create Linden Realm type experiences and not everything else that we've done instead.

17 hours ago, Kadah Coba said:

... AVsitter's number of scripts used is quite high, the idle script time when not in use is rather high...

Although I wish the script count were lower (particularly for single-prim single-sitter objects that get LI-penalized with a second script -- so instead I use my own adjustable multi-pose script for those), I see only the barest minimum script time for any of the AVsitter-scripted objects on my land. So I wonder, could the ones with high script time maybe have some non-AVsitter scripts added? Just as an example, scanning for open RLV relays might burn some script time, but really it could be anything added, whether it uses the engine's API or not. Or... maybe there were performance problems with older versions of the engine, I just don't know. Something must account for our very different measurements, and I'm apparently too OCD to let it go.

On 4/4/2017 at 6:57 AM, Qie Niangao said:

So I wonder, could the ones with high script time maybe have some non-AVsitter scripts added? Just as an example, scanning for open RLV relays might burn some script time, but really it could be anything added, whether it uses the engine's API or not. Or... maybe there were performance problems with older versions of the engine, I just don't know. Something must account for our very different measurements, and I'm apparently too OCD to let it go.

Looking at it again for the first time in a while, I'm not sure if its actually AVsitter, I was going off someone else telling me it was using AVsitter, and going off the accumulative script time we were seeing on other rez'd things that were actually using AVsitter back when we were doing that audit, I was inclined to believe it was. Looks like its using something called "Perfect Sitter".

This is the item is question: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Big-Campfire-Style-2/2713204

These are some of the main objects from one copy of it:

[16:28] Script info: 'Barrels': [154/180] running scripts, 11520 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.083271 ms of CPU time consumed.

[16:33] Script info: 'Campfire': [22/22] running scripts, 1408 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.012786 ms of CPU time consumed.

[16:40] Script info: 'Campfire': [30/30] running scripts, 1920 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.017047 ms of CPU time consumed.

[16:41] Script info: 'Ground': [3/3] running scripts, 192 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.004954 ms of CPU time consumed.

[16:41] Script info: 'Object': [28/28] running scripts, 1600 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.014680 ms of CPU time consumed.

I retract my rant about AVsitter then, the other objects here that are using it aren't nearly as bad as this other actual POS.

• Like 1

First, you all have gone way off-topic here, so that's normal I suppose.

Second, the LL originally hid the experience forum.  Then they announced that they had stopped hiding it.  Except they left it hidden in that it wasn't listed in the list of forums.  When we told them that was wacky they did nothing.  So.... maybe there still is an experience forum and you all just haven't found it yet.  Or.... maybe there still is an experience forum and even LL hasn't found it yet.   They did spent a month or so banging on pipes (or whatever they called the search process.)

• Like 1

PSbg2ZA.png

3 hours ago, Qwalyphi Korpov said:

First, you all have gone way off-topic here, so that's normal I suppose.

Second, the LL originally hid the experience forum.  Then they announced that they had stopped hiding it.  Except they left it hidden in that it wasn't listed in the list of forums.  When we told them that was wacky they did nothing.  So.... maybe there still is an experience forum and you all just haven't found it yet.  Or.... maybe there still is an experience forum and even LL hasn't found it yet.   They did spent a month or so banging on pipes (or whatever they called the search process.)

They never did say exactly what the Chimps were banging on. ;)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.