Move Another's Attachment

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is there any way i can get my hud to communicate with another avatar's attachment? in other words, i have an attachment i can move with my hud, but i'd like my friend to wear the movable attachment so i can move it with my hud. possible with common listening commands?

Edited by EnCore Mayne
me f*n spelling

of course. as long as it is scripted to do so. most attachments with huds are scripted to listen only to objects with the same owner, to avoid lag, and from other avatars hacking the attachments. but you could certainly script it to listen to all commands on a channel, and respond only to ones coming from avatars (or their objects) who are saved in the script. RLV collars and such work kinda like that. The collar syncs and locks into a master controller. The controller then has control of the avatar wearing the collar

• Like 1

got it!

i always give the listening attachment the same unique channel number as the command HUD. it was a conditional that stopped it from working.

had:         if ( llGetOwnerKey( id ) == llGetOwner() ) in the listen() thingy. without it, everything works as conceived.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.