when taking an object back to inventory, the object is not displayed or highlighted

Cricket Crabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when taking an object back to inventory, the object is not displayed or highlighted in my inventory, the object goes back to its prior location in my inventory, - before when taking an item back to inventory the item was displayed and hightlighted in my inventory window  - now i do not know the location of the item going back into inventory

3 answers to this question

As Ishtara says, you can use the 'Recent' tab to locate the item.

When you take back an item, though, it *should* go back to the same folder where it was before you rezzed it. If it is a new item you create by using the build tools, it will end up in your 'Object' folder the first time it is taken back.

There is a debug setting that determine whether the inventory is opend and the item is highlighted, but it may not be relevant to items taken back to the inventory. It might only apply to items received from other places (attachments to group notices, items given to you by someone). The debug setting is 'ShowNewInventory' and takes a value of true or false.

- Luc -

• Like 1

The way we receive items and notecards has changed with what am sure the Lab would call "viewer improvements"

But I share your pain it is just so annoying now...not sure why they felt compelled to fix something that was not broken before.  Someone who not has lived in-world much or ever, probably thought it was a great idea.

So, as stated above, you need to look in recents, or know where it should have landed...like the folder it was removed from or objects

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.