Where are our old pictures?

Drake1 Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, we have a shiny new forum. 

There are a few issues. 

1. users post counts are very off.
  2. All of our existing images are now gone, which means they are gone form every single old thread. So any chance of an old thread helping anyone is gone. 
  3. Not having a few of the recent posts show in each category really sucks. How many tabs are we supposed to have open? 

I'm sure there are more but that's all i can think of at the moment. I really think putting our old images back would be a huge help to new users searching for help. 

1. I haven't noticed post counts being off.

2. Images are sometimes used to show where on a screen or floater to look, but most help is done in text only. I don't get into the Answers section though so I could be mistaken.

3. I don't understand what you mean, but it's not aimed at me so it doesn't matter. I'm curious though.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Likewise haven't noticed post counts being off mine seems to be in the range i remember it being on the old forum 

Existing images gone i have noticed, wouldn't have minded so much if the images had stayed in the topics they were posted in 

On the last point i also don't understand what you mean

Edit: Maybe i haven't noticed but the secret forums appear to have vanished

Edited by Claireschen Hesten

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

All of our existing images are now gone

Not ALL, but yes a large majority of mine are missing. 
Oddly enough if I try to open a thread where my old picture was posted I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

Oh yes. Your post count is clearly way off, Drake. I don't know what mine used to be but the number I see seems about right(ish).

I don't remember the 3 or 4 of the newest threads in each cetagory showing in the main page, BUT my memory for things like that can never be relied upon. Do you mean that they showed on each category's main page rather than on the main forum page of categories (which is what I understood from your last post)? If that's what you mean, it is ringing a bit of a bell in my ever so unreliable memory.

Edited by Phil Deakins

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Not ALL, but yes a large majority of mine are missing. 
Oddly enough if I try to open a thread where my old picture was posted I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

Mine are all gone.. not a single one migrated from the old forums.. 

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

1. users post counts are very off.

Yeah, certain accounts seem to have this problem.
There is already a bug report filed about it here: BUG-41544 - On the new forum in my case post counts not reflected

1. All of our existing images are now gone, which means they are gone form every single old thread. So any chance of an old thread helping anyone is gone. 

As far as I know this is being worked on and it is listed as a known issue HERE

1. Not having a few of the recent posts show in each category really sucks. How many tabs are we supposed to have open? 

This annoyed me too at first but once I realized you could set up custom streams I'm not missing that feature.

Under the Activity tab at the top of the page, you can view "All Activity" or just all your "Unread Content".
You can also mark all your unread content as read by clicking on "Mark as read" top right.

Under "My Activity Streams" you can set up your own custom streams to display only the content you want which is very handy.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
I don't know my left from my right...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the old forums we had access to all our pictures what we had posted on the forums. We could re-use them in other posts. There was a place where they were stored and we could browse through them. I had all kinds cool pictures, emoticons and what not there. 9_9:/

Where are those pictures now? :(  Can we have them back? Please... 
(If they are somewhere here in the new forums then I must be blind for not finding them. :$)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.