Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My dad would call it fubar.

Sintiklia (hair) and Pumec (skin) are having a sale for re-opening. Sintiklia has free group join during it with two fatpack group gifts (even come with styling huds), 1L gift on the desk full of stuff and some lucky boards.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter

It had to be done.

Beautiful ceremony at the Hangout

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Sintiklia (hair) and Pumec (skin) are having a sale for re-opening. Sintiklia has free group join during it with two fatpack group gifts (even come with styling huds), 1L gift on the desk full of stuff and some lucky boards.

/me quickly logs back in to go to Sintiklia before bed

LOL - They actually had the group at free join yesterday.  I was there and joined then - and grabbed the freebie hairs.  Totally forgot until I TPd over.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me quickly logs back in to go to Sintiklia before bed

LOL - They actually had the group at free join yesterday.  I was there and joined then - and grabbed the freebie hairs.  Totally forgot until I TPd over.

Yes think the sale started yesterday and runs until the 13th, so sayeth the seraphim

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to lose 20 lbs by Christmas.

Well, not *need* so much as want.
But need, also.

Anyway, I downloaded an app to help me watch my diet.  I have been mostly avoiding carbs for a long time and now I'm all messed up.  I have been eating way to much fat.  I really didn't notice how bad my diet was until I started tracking it.  Even set as a low carb diet I have been getting around half the calories from carbs that I should be getting.  That means my fat intake is 150-200% of its target.

:(

Anyway ... I'm eating healthy again and have lost 3 pounds this week. 

 

== Today's rambling was brought to you by the words "non sequitur" and the letters W, T and F. ==.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those possibly TLDR type posts - but I promise it isn't too boring.

I have a gaming laptop that I bought 4 years ago.  It is a bit dated now, but was really good back then.  It has a good i7 cpu and a good Nvidea graphics card w/ 4 gb memory, rather than just an icky integrated one.  It is actually my primary computer and will handle SL really well. I get great FPS almost all the time. However, it only had 8 gb of memory, which is becoming more and more of an issue - especially since I like to keep many Firefox tabs running while in SL along with my email and a photo editing app.

So we decided to add memory to it to extend the life while I continue to save for a new computer.  The ordered memory arrived yesterday and today we took off the back to add 2 more 8 gb memory cards. Low and behold, there are only 2 slots there even though the specs said 4 slots.  So off to the web for research.  It turns out that the other two slots are only accessible by removing the keyboard, which requires damn near taking the whole thing apart.  We got all of that done and got the memory installed and then started putting it back together.  However, one of the teeny tiny 1/4" x impossibly small plastic pieces decided to be difficult in going back in and one of the freakin itsy bitsy tabs broke. 

Damn.  Truly FUBAR - though I will call CyberPowerPC to see what they'll charge for repair.

In any case, computers are considered essential in this household - even though I actually have a work-provided laptop for WFH days - so that meant that we were going shopping.  So we ended up running down to Best Buy to see what they might have.  I did drool quite a bit over this super awesome Alienware tower that would have set me back about $3000.  *sigh*   However, they did also have a not-quite-so-super-duper tower that met my minimum requirements, though still a tad over budget.  Since my husband hadn't yet gotten my birthday present (we were discussing a few different things), we decided this would be that, as well as my primary Christmas present this year - and I am definitely good with that.

So I ended up with the Alienware Aurora R6 - Intel i7 7700, 16 gb memory, GeForce GTX 1070 w/ 8 gb, 256 gb SSD and 1 tb SATA drive.  Needless to say that I'm anxious to get SL loaded up on it, but I also have a ton of other setup I have to do - like get everything from my old computer migrated over and all of my primary applications installed.  Since it is now pretty darn late here, I'm going to force myself to wait until the morning for the SL install and test drive.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

now that sure sounds posh Jewell ... wow ^^

In addition to it comprising a few gifts, I had to use my saved stash for it.  Then again, it will hold me for quite a while.  At the time we bought it, I had no clue about the graphics card and Best Buy isn't (or wasn't) known for putting really good cards in their fully setups.  I was quite surprised when I got home and looked up the card.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is one of those possibly TLDR type posts - but I promise it isn't too boring.

I have a gaming laptop that I bought 4 years ago.  It is a bit dated now, but was really good back then.  It has a good i7 cpu and a good Nvidea graphics card w/ 4 gb memory, rather than just an icky integrated one.  It is actually my primary computer and will handle SL really well. I get great FPS almost all the time. However, it only had 8 gb of memory, which is becoming more and more of an issue - especially since I like to keep many Firefox tabs running while in SL along with my email and a photo editing app.

So we decided to add memory to it to extend the life while I continue to save for a new computer.  The ordered memory arrived yesterday and today we took off the back to add 2 more 8 gb memory cards. Low and behold, there are only 2 slots there even though the specs said 4 slots.  So off to the web for research.  It turns out that the other two slots are only accessible by removing the keyboard, which requires damn near taking the whole thing apart.  We got all of that done and got the memory installed and then started putting it back together.  However, one of the teeny tiny 1/4" x impossibly small plastic pieces decided to be difficult in going back in and one of the freakin itsy bitsy tabs broke. 

Damn.  Truly FUBAR - though I will call CyberPowerPC to see what they'll charge for repair.

In any case, computers are considered essential in this household - even though I actually have a work-provided laptop for WFH days - so that meant that we were going shopping.  So we ended up running down to Best Buy to see what they might have.  I did drool quite a bit over this super awesome Alienware tower that would have set me back about $3000.  *sigh*   However, they did also have a not-quite-so-super-duper tower that met my minimum requirements, though still a tad over budget.  Since my husband hadn't yet gotten my birthday present (we were discussing a few different things), we decided this would be that, as well as my primary Christmas present this year - and I am definitely good with that.

So I ended up with the Alienware Aurora R6 - Intel i7 7700, 16 gb memory, GeForce GTX 1070 w/ 8 gb, 256 gb SSD and 1 tb SATA drive.  Needless to say that I'm anxious to get SL loaded up on it, but I also have a ton of other setup I have to do - like get everything from my old computer migrated over and all of my primary applications installed.  Since it is now pretty darn late here, I'm going to force myself to wait until the morning for the SL install and test drive.

 

Good one. I have Asus ROG with 1080

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is what I have that Clover keeps envying.  It's my precious.  I can have 3 instances of SL open on a 4K monitor with no noticeable lag.  Heat, on the other hand, goes up through the roof!

I'm not totally surprise about the heat, but this is a good reminder to me to keep an eye on that. 

I was actually shocked when I looked it up after getting home just because Best Buy used to never carry any pre-configured computers with a super good card already in it.  I always figured it was because they wanted to sell you an overpriced computer and then make you buy the graphics upgrade on top of it.  I did check the price that Dell showed for the same computer setup and Best Buy actually had it discounted a few hundred, so that was also a nice surprise.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So I ended up with the Alienware Aurora R6 - Intel i7 7700, 16 gb memory, GeForce GTX 1070 w/ 8 gb, 256 gb SSD and 1 tb SATA drive.  Needless to say that I'm anxious to get SL loaded up on it, but I also have a ton of other setup I have to do - like get everything from my old computer migrated over and all of my primary applications installed.  Since it is now pretty darn late here, I'm going to force myself to wait until the morning for the SL install and test drive.

 

I would not have been able to wait....and I am having some serious puter envy over here!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I would not have been able to wait....and I am having some serious puter envy over here!

Today has been so hectic in RL that while I did get logged in I haven't done anything other than stand at my house.  I will have all evening here shortly to play though.  I'm going to open the map and find busy places and just TP around to see how it handles the load.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today has been so hectic in RL that while I did get logged in I haven't done anything other than stand at my house.  I will have all evening here shortly to play though.  I'm going to open the map and find busy places and just TP around to see how it handles the load.

Fun, fun! Btw, thanks for the tips about eXxEsS (boy that's hard to type). I've now acquired 3 new hairs....love the movement!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG - Sometimes application developers drive me nuts.  The new computer meant a change from Windows 7 to Windows 10, which thus requires some of my applications to be upgraded - not a big deal in and of itself.  However, some of these application installs / upgrades insist that Windows must be restarted before the app can be used.  WTF - For Real?!?!  In this day and age no regular freaking application should require an OS restart before it can be used.  Once again I am reminded of how sensible unix developers are and how insane Windows developers are.

/end rant

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Mo, any word from Anthony?

He is AOK - he evacuated to his aunt's house - on higher ground - and all is fine.  They're without power, but that was expected.  No flooding, thank heavens.  He hasn't heard anything about his own place, other than the fact that the condo community is also without power, likely for at least a week.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...