Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

4 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Also, banned / bleeped words are a never ending source of amusement and irritation here, or at least they have been, and there are indications that persists.

/me wonders just how ***** they are on this?  Are we major PG (i.e. no 'h**l' and such) or just limited to not using the hard core words?

ETA - LOL, well, I just figured out that the software itself will star out words.  Too funny - it starred out 'an*l'.  I might have to make a temp post with a variety of words just to see what becomes asterisks and what stays as typed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macphisto Angelus said:

Lol Han, I think most of us have mellowed with age. I have been generally lucky though. Only had one attack on me in all my years of SL/OS forums. That by design and thanks to IP address tracking discovered later to be by what was really 2-3 people rolling tons of alts. I took it hard then, but laugh about it now. Luckily I was an admin on that site so seeing the IPs was easy once the owner showed me. It birthed a grid, but I won't get into it more then this. Flame wars is so 2008. :P

As for a thread going poof because of one negative person... in the old thread, we just ignored most of those. Some even went on to become members of the thread themselves. Most just tried to do a punch and run to see if they could ruin the good mojo going on in it. That always failed. We drank our coffee (or soda in my case) ate our pie and other food offerings from the people and went on.

Good to see you, Han. Hugs to ya.

I'm lucky I haven't had to deal with (too much) with the rolling alts problem -anything I've moderated ends up being too small to attract that kinda attention.

Seeing "trolls" join in and then eventually turning out to be cool people (who were simply bored?) is awesome too. It's one of the neat things about "TPAS".

Hugs, it's been too long, I'm glad to see you around again. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Han Held said:

I was a lot more fighty when I hung out here before. When they went on lithium and the word went out that inworld bans were being handed out for forum bans, I figured discretion was the better part of valor and settled in over at SLU. (can we say SLU these days? or is that a ban?)

Likewise. The new blog/forum ("flog") software was awful and the moderation policy was draconian, whether they actually went through with it or not I don't know. After the practically-unmoderated forum of old, I just didn't stick around to find out.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

FYI - the other "Just Ignore" thread is being archived.  So this will be the only one floating around!  xoxo

Wow, one minute it was there (and I was on the page) and the next - poof, it disappeared.  It would have been nice if they could have merged it or even just locked the other one, but left it around for access.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, one minute it was there (and I was on the page) and the next - poof, it disappeared.  It would have been nice if they could have merged it or even just locked the other one, but left it around for access.

Working on it.  Couldn't be merged. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

Do you ever come inworld these days?

If so, hit me up. I'm around now and then mostly just taking photos. Not socializing much unless Ghosty is spinning tunes.

I log in once in a great while,look around and log out.:p Not much to do in there for me these days.