Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

OK! So we're planning a Welcome Back to the Forum Cartel party at the Hangout for Saturday, April 22nd.  Still working on the details, but I can tell you that one of our own Cartelians will be singing/strumming his guitar at 7 pm SLT.  I also want to get some DJs/performers scheduled for a few hours prior to that gig. :)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Marianne McCann said:

Many times this.

I mean, the SCII one was good. I didn't try any of the others, but this is where JIALTOD was started, and where it would seem to belong - and while I did not really use the last version of the forums (the lack of sticky login on that one kept me away, for some reason), I'm plenty willing to enjoy the space nowadays.

I was a lot more fighty when I hung out here before. When they went on lithium and the word went out that inworld bans were being handed out for forum bans, I figured discretion was the better part of valor and settled in over at SLU. (can we say SLU these days? or is that a ban?)

96c.jpg

Edited by Han Held
Commas jack and horse
  • Like 2

I am not aware of anyone who got an inworld ban along with a forum ban, tho I have heard rumors that it happened. Not anymore tho, I think.

We usually do not use the name of That Place Across the Street, because ya never know exactly what is forbidden. Links to it get a post, or even a whole thread, (depending on the day of the week) poofed.

The thing that gets posts and whole threads pulled most often is flaming. We have many times been in the middle of a fascinating discussion and because of one poster, the whole thing disappears. (We have in our most obsequious manner asked why o why the whole thread.) So tread lightly. At least until we get robot moderators. 

I don't think many people are actually getting forum- banned unless they are already on the mods' radar. 

Also, banned / bleeped words are a never ending source of amusement and irritation here, or at least they have been, and there are indications that persists.

We have a great group of regulars here, both old and new -- it is an interesting and generally pleasant place to discuss SL related matters and occasionally other stuff. Our Answers People are saints.  Lindens do drop in now and then. Any major SL news, this is where LL announces it and starts feedback threads. 

We understand too well why Lithium drove so many away -- if not for the quality of the people here most of us could not have put up with the aggravation -- and are glad some former regulars have dropped in to take a look at this new improved version. 

ETA Our creation and mesh forum gurus are incredibly generous with their help -- I could never have learned Blender without the mesh helpers. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 3

Lol Han, I think most of us have mellowed with age. I have been generally lucky though. Only had one attack on me in all my years of SL/OS forums. That by design and thanks to IP address tracking discovered later to be by what was really 2-3 people rolling tons of alts. I took it hard then, but laugh about it now. Luckily I was an admin on that site so seeing the IPs was easy once the owner showed me. It birthed a grid, but I won't get into it more then this. Flame wars is so 2008. :P

As for a thread going poof because of one negative person... in the old thread, we just ignored most of those. Some even went on to become members of the thread themselves. Most just tried to do a punch and run to see if they could ruin the good mojo going on in it. That always failed. We drank our coffee (or soda in my case) ate our pie and other food offerings from the people and went on.

Good to see you, Han. Hugs to ya.

Edited by Macphisto Angelus
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Are they named Yin and Yang? 260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

That is Casper (the ginger) and Cocoabean (Tortie).

They are rarely seen cuddling up like that, but, are good friends.  He's old (nearly 16), has gotten somewhat cranky from age and illness but still can set her off on a good chase when he wants to LOL. Both of them are so sweet and well behaved. We iz lucky cat guardians

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

OK! So we're planning a Welcome Back to the Forum Cartel party at the Hangout for Saturday, April 22nd.  Still working on the details, but I can tell you that one of our own Cartelians will be singing/strumming his guitar at 7 pm SLT.  I also want to get some DJs/performers scheduled for a few hours prior to that gig. :)

Have you asked the Llama?

I bet he'd be interested. He already may have answered you; I have not gotten through all the replies since I logged on last night!

As for me, well, you know I'm no longer in the Cartel but I would love to see everyone.  I do hope this happens.

42 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Have you asked the Llama?

I bet he'd be interested. He already may have answered you; I have not gotten through all the replies since I logged on last night!

As for me, well, you know I'm no longer in the Cartel but I would love to see everyone.  I do hope this happens.

I'll give the Llama a jingle this evening. xo

• Like 1