Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

10 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

I'm reminding you *today* (because I'm really RL busy tomorrow)  that Friday's houseboat party is (or should be) a water-related costume event! Come as a mermaid, a sailor, Spongebob, a can of sardines ... a bottle of Aquafina ... whatever works!

Oh.  I see your plan.  You're trying to get enough strange women lying in ponds together and hoping some moistened bint will lob a scimitar your way.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

Houseboat Costume Party!

When: Friday the 16th, starting *promptly* at 6pm to 8pm SL time
Where: My houseboat, The Mast Hysteria 

I'm reminding you *today* (because I'm really RL busy tomorrow)  that Friday's houseboat party is (or should be) a water-related costume event! Come as a mermaid, a sailor, Spongebob, a can of sardines ... a bottle of Aquafina ... whatever works! Expect a rather silly and overly-moist playlist to go with the madness.

Now, I have to go and put my own costume together 😲See you tomorrow night! 

/me is sad

I don't often have plans on Friday evening, but this Friday we are headed out to the theatre to see Chicago.

4 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:
7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh.  I see your plan.  You're trying to get enough strange women lying in ponds together and hoping some moistened bint will lob a scimitar your way.

And now we see the violence inherent in the system 

Speaking of which, I spotted this at the current 'King Arthur' round of Enchantment yesterday, and it gave me a good chuckle:

fa1c7cda6245d227f80e482c8bf8f13e.png

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Speaking of which, I spotted this at the current 'King Arthur' round of Enchantment yesterday, and it gave me a good chuckle:

That's hysterical! My very own moistened bint! 😛

*later ... *

I went and looked at this thing. The arm comes out of the water, waves the sword about a bit, and then lobs it! Don't think for a moment I'm not considering buying this LOL 

Edited by Ghosty Kips
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. 😁

There is an issue on the sim where I rent. Although the windlight appears to operate normally, the sun itself is stuck in one position and had been for near 48 hours.

Scripts cannot see windlight. Lights and other items that react when the sun rises or sets rely on being told when the sun is above or below the horizon (llGetSunPosition).

Because the sun is stuck in one position, all lights, drapes, sundials and anything else that reacts to the sun's position is broken.

I have posted a jira on the issue, and would appreciate the eyeballs, especially if you have discovered the issue on your own sim.

BUG-227551 Day cycle broken, sun does not move

Edited by Ghosty Kips
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

Hi there. 😁

There is an issue on the sim where I rent. Although the windlight appears to operate normally, the sun itself is stuck in one position and had been for near 48 hours.

Scripts cannot see windlight. Lights and other items that react when the sun rises or sets rely on being told when the sun is above or below the horizon (llGetSunPosition).

Because the sun is stuck in one position, all lights, drapes, sundials and anything else that reacts to the sun's position is broken.

I have posted a jira on the issue, and would appreciate the eyeballs, especially if you have discovered the issue on your own sim.

BUG-227551 Day cycle broken, sun does not move

Mainland or private estate? If private estate have the estate manager check that Day Cycle is actually turned on (it's a simple toggle) - it could be they turned it off to do some landscaping or other work and forgot to turn it back on. If it's mainland, submit a ticket.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Mainland or private estate? If private estate have the estate manager check that Day Cycle is actually turned on (it's a simple toggle) - it could be they turned it off to do some landscaping or other work and forgot to turn it back on. If it's mainland, submit a ticket.

Private. The estate manager cannot change the settings; she switches it to default and it switches back to whatever day cycle was set. They don't stick for whatever reason.

15 minutes ago, Ghosty Kips said:

Private. The estate manager cannot change the settings; she switches it to default and it switches back to whatever day cycle was set. They don't stick for whatever reason.

Then it sounds like the estate manager is not the estate owner (just a suspicion based on your reply) - Estate owner may need to be contacted. And if that doesn't fix the issue, then *they* need to submit a ticket. Though it's really their problem, not yours. The fastest fix is to move to another region.

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Then it sounds like the estate manager is not the estate owner (just a suspicion based on your reply) - Estate owner may need to be contacted. And if that doesn't fix the issue, then *they* need to submit a ticket. Though it's really their problem, not yours. The fastest fix is to move to another region.

You're correct, the estate mgr is not the owner. I have reached out to her, tho, to hopefully escalate this issue.

I've moved once already due to this, but stayed with the same landlord. But I'm all set up, again, and don't want to move, again. I'd rather get LL's attention and fix the problem. 

1 hour ago, Ghosty Kips said:

You're correct, the estate mgr is not the owner. I have reached out to her, tho, to hopefully escalate this issue.

I've moved once already due to this, but stayed with the same landlord. But I'm all set up, again, and don't want to move, again. I'd rather get LL's attention and fix the problem. 

But here's the thing: If it's a private region then LL will not intervene in any way unless the region/estate owner submit a ticket. All you'll get from LL is "Contact the estate owner" and a closed ticket. Just saying.