Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Wow, totally odd. An Answers thread got closed and I truly see no reason why.  The original question was years ago, but as far as I can tell, there was nothing bad said in the necro today or the responses.  I thought LL only locked threads when they got nasty or way, way off topic.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, totally odd. An Answers thread got closed and I truly see no reason why.  The original question was years ago, but as far as I can tell, there was nothing bad said in the necro today or the responses.  I thought LL only locked threads when they got nasty or way, way off topic.

All it takes is someone reporting it saying “please close/lock”.

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

All it takes is someone reporting it saying “please close/lock”.

I know folks have requested locks on some threads before and they don't get locked because LL sees no real reason to.  This thread was just someone asking how to get an AO to stop talking in chat and a few responses -- original a few years back and then some new ones.

Someone must have said something bad.

ETA: Found thread, but it is locked, which is still odd.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I recently noticed that I have a 0 point warning from a few months ago.  I'm not sure what I wrote; it was called "abusive behavior" in a now dead and locked thread is all I know. 

/me shrugs

I'm just an outlaw like that.

*hugs* Some crybaby probably didn’t like your advice.

7BC85857-53C8-4508-A729-D778D7BA432F.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I recently noticed that I have a 0 point warning from a few months ago.  I'm not sure what I wrote; it was called "abusive behavior" in a now dead and locked thread is all I know. 

/me shrugs

I'm just an outlaw like that.

I have a 1 point warning for 'inappropriate language' -- I said the B word (as a verb) in a thread, changing the "i" to an exclamation point, and apparently that is still cursing.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

/me vows not to spend hours doing Advent calendars again this year. 

I tried, but couldn't resist.  Though for any locations that I'm not sure of, I am opening the gifts immediately in order to decide if I think the place is worth going back to again for the rest of the advent gifts.  Sort of like hunts, unless we are talking about the more common high quality stores, 99% of the gifts get trashed.

Not to mention the number of places that just give you things like:  candy cane, hot chocolate, plain cheapie christmas tree, santa hat, etc.....

• Like 1

And then there is all the Christmas candy that my mother received as gifts and us kids would poke out finger in the bottom to see if it was filled with good stuff or yucky stuff -- and of course we left the yucky ones with the finger hole in the bottom.   :ph34r:

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And then there is all the Christmas candy that my mother received as gifts and us kids would poke out finger in the bottom to see if it was filled with good stuff or yucky stuff -- and of course we left the yucky ones with the finger hole in the bottom.   :ph34r:

:SwingingFriends:

But with Whitman’s Samplers, the candy matches the shape / info on the box lid bottom, so long as you don’t mix it up.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But with Whitman’s Samplers, the candy matches the shape / info on the box lid bottom, so long as you don’t mix it up.

Yes, I think my mother was quite appreciative when she got that kind.  Truthfully so were were us kids - sometimes we'd poke a finger in the bottom and it would look okay, but then taste really awful when we actually ate it.  Much better to have sometime specifically telling what each piece was.

• Like 1