Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Hippiestock 2018!  (bummed that the one fella's arms were invisible, but...)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lagrange Point/166/194/22

And look!  I see Rhonda and Clover on the left hand side of the photo! <3

 

Definitely planning on stopping by later when I can get inworld.  Glad it is an all day event.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter

It had to be done.

Beautiful ceremony at the Hangout

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Hippiestock 2018!  (bummed that the one fella's arms were invisible, but...)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lagrange Point/166/194/22

And look!  I see Rhonda and Clover on the left hand side of the photo! <3

hippiestock_003.png

Well, if the Pyramid formed that at least means Maddy was there; it was her creation. I really meant to make it this year; did the first three and have missed all the rest. Hippie does such a good job with it, it's a shame I didn't show up. Was Dres there? I don't see him; there aren't any naked guys and that was his usual costume :-).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another attempt at the pyramid:

5a6d5aaadb0ab_Hippiestock8pyramidattempt.thumb.jpg.e8fc6a8909d994e61615d5d25a2f8c15.jpg

Maddy and Hippie made it into this attempt as did at least a couple other forum regulars. Maddy was having computer problems & couldn't manage to stay online for long.

Maddy:

5a6d5aac1aabd_Hippiestock8Maddy.thumb.jpg.4b4f02c0eed5bacce334692fcd3f42ca.jpg

I did see Rhonda and Clover earlier but I didn't start taking crowd pictures until some time after Rhonda left. So here's Clover:

5a6d5aad206e0_Hippiestock8Clover.thumb.jpg.860f74363f6afd77ce3f23b2f8154490.jpg

I was there almost the entire time; I didn't see Dres there.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

And look!  I see Rhonda and Clover on the left hand side of the photo! <3

The bento tails are going to be the death of me. The animations conflict with the dances and I look like a scaredy cat. It was supposed to be wrapped around my leg but I guess other viewers are going to see it odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

CGgVjagUYAAPQ2k.jpg

For those with too much time on their hands, here's Chicago Cubs baseball pitcher Ryan Dempster doing his impression of the late great Cubs announcer Harry Caray...

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/29/539351320/not-my-job-we-quiz-baseball-pitcher-ryan-dempster-on-belly-itchers

Click the play button on the left to start the audio, then drag the slider in the upper-right to 3:25 to get to the story. It'll become clear why I linked this at 5:14. And the punchline comes at 5:45. If you really have time to spare, listen to the entire clip.

I highly recommend the radio program "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" I'd probably spend more time with all of you if NPR didn't have shows like that to distract me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad (and not at all surprised) you liked it, Dil. I'm not a baseball fan, but I do sometimes put on a Brewers game just so I can listen to Bob Uecker make stuff up. I suppose the slow pace of baseball requires announcers be good story tellers. And I simply can't resist a good story.

"The way to catch a knuckleball is to wait until it stops rolling and then pick it up." - Bob Uecker

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter anyway) but she found the answer in just a few seconds.  Not wanting to let her post continually get bumped as people answered she change the thread title to "Just ignore and let this one die."

Silly people doing what silly people do ... they refused to let it die for no real reason at all.

This thread then became a community of it's own.  Just a place to say hi for the most part. With the exception of a few people it was also a laid back, accepting and friendly place to be. -- this is where someone with a pun for a name comes in and tells you I was the one and only "few people" but again, that is almost a tradition by now.

 

Anyway, this is a recreation of that thread which became thousands of pages long where we can wax nostalgic about life before the Blog-forums.

Rhonda's post above (from Page 1) explains it as well as anything can. This incarnation has more frivolity than the one before it (I don't go back far enough for the first one).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Amythyst Opaline said:

what's this thread all about? I don't understand.

It's pretty much about anything, everything, and nothing.  It is our goof off, rambling, ranting, whatever-the-heck-we-want-it-to-be thread.  The original of this thread was due to a mistake, back in early 2008 - two forums ago.  That thread is here:

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/85/252954/1.html

When forum software changed, the thread got started up again - here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/32554-just-ignore-and-let-this-one-die/

That one sort of carried over here, but then this new continuation got started also. Thus the older one was closed off and this one is carrying on.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's pretty much about anything, everything, and nothing.  It is our goof off, rambling, ranting, whatever-the-heck-we-want-it-to-be thread.  The original of this thread was due to a mistake, back in early 2008 - two forums ago.  That thread is here:

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/85/252954/1.html

When forum software changed, the thread got started up again - here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/32554-just-ignore-and-let-this-one-die/

That one sort of carried over here, but then this new continuation got started also. Thus the older one was closed off and this one is carrying on.

what?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

/me chuckles.  Actually, Amythyst, LittleMe Jewell answered your question perfectly.  It's just complicated, you kinda had to be there.  There are a bunch of us, that have been chatting together on the SL Forums for many years.  MANY years.  This wasn't always the forum, there were a couple other ones prior to this.  One of our friends, made a post, back during the first SL forum, and then changed her mind about the post, and changed the subject to:  Just Ignore and Let this one die. She thought the post would just fade away after that.   Well of course we couldn't possibly let it die after she said that.  So, we kept it going.  Every time a new Forum reincarnation comes along, one of us will restart that thread.  It's a bunch of friends, who have been in SL together, for a long, long time.  We talk about whatever we want to talk  about here.  Maybe that's a little more detail, LittleMe Jewell gave you links to our old forums, but maybe with this additional detail, you'll understand who's here, and why.  Just us being us.  When you go inworld, check out the group:  The Forum Cartel.  That's us.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Treasure Ballinger said:

/me chuckles.  Actually, Amythyst, LittleMe Jewell answered your question perfectly.  It's just complicated, you kinda had to be there.  There are a bunch of us, that have been chatting together on the SL Forums for many years.  MANY years.  This wasn't always the forum, there were a couple other ones prior to this.  One of our friends, made a post, back during the first SL forum, and then changed her mind about the post, and changed the subject to:  Just Ignore and Let this one die. She thought the post would just fade away after that.   Well of course we couldn't possibly let it die after she said that.  So, we kept it going.  Every time a new Forum reincarnation comes along, one of us will restart that thread.  It's a bunch of friends, who have been in SL together, for a long, long time.  We talk about whatever we want to talk  about here.  Maybe that's a little more detail, LittleMe Jewell gave you links to our old forums, but maybe with this additional detail, you'll understand who's here, and why.  Just us being us.  When you go inworld, check out the group:  The Forum Cartel.  That's us.  

i dont get it

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

oh ffs who let you go unsupervised again neighbour :P  just stay calm and put em back... NOW :P

Amethyst - there´s not much to get... old tradition, we´re all mad here...

 

 

damnit folks I´m dying at home... bad cold...flu...whatever...the end is near.... D was over cos I couldn´t walk for 5 steps... hope this improves quickly... sucks to be helpless and the man needs to work....

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really glad I skipped the flu. Being a workaholic is hard to combine with being sick. Only had some back problems for a while. Finaly decided to get a real check-up yesterday. Probably a herniated disc... Now how I will combine that with my workaholism I still have to figure out...

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...