Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Short rant ....

A young women complained to me today about one of our conference room setups.  She said "it hasn't worked in months."  Months.  That's funny, the room was only converted to a conference room 3 weeks ago.  OK, well so it was the past two Wednesday mornings.  That's MONTHS, right?

We designed these to be as simple as possible.  Invite the room to your meeting, walk in and touch the screen where your name is.  That's it.  She's not a presenter,; there is nothing else she needs to do.  But no, she has to unplug cables and try to connect her laptop to the room's TV monitor.

*bangs head*

 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter

It had to be done.

Beautiful ceremony at the Hangout

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In our system, you have to invite the room as  a "resource", otherwise it doesn't actually reserve the room.

Our video conferencing rooms are actually another user.  They have their own email, skype account and enterprise phone numbers.  I can log on to my laptop with a room account.  Which is nice because I may need to use that ability someday with my not so tech savey boss.  As in, remote in from home and join a Skype from my computer that shows up as "Building 3 Wolfcamp Room."

Not that I would do that.
It's just a possibility.

Anyway, they can be added as a resource but it is not necessary and in the case of the Skype rooms it is better not to.  Just add like any other user.  It's so easy a geologist can do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

That is just... bizarre.  It's the kind of story I would expect to find in the Onion.  I wouldn't want to be a cashier at one of their stores in areas where they are running this magazine ad. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   In my imagination, R: "No no... I'll find it for you."

In my head it "I wonder which one it will be."

[eta]
Come to think of it, that's probably what she thinks ever time I log in ...

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In my head it "I wonder which one it will be."

[eta]
Come to think of it, that's probably what she thinks ever time I log in ...

Yours are subtle changes, me: neko to mutated alien to kawaii popstar in 60 seconds

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - I'm hoping I can get away with asking this here, just because we often get a little leniency here.  

A few hours ago there was post in the Role Playing forum where a guy wanted to meet someone to RP cheating on their spouses.  I made a comment in the thread.  Now that specific thread seems to be missing, though there now is a similar but different thread in the Adult General Discussion forum.  The original thread in the RP section is still showing in my Notifications page, though I have refreshed that page.  However, whenever I click on it, it no longer exists (and I verified it is gone by going directly in the RP sub-forum)

Am I crazy here or did the thread totally disappear as opposed to the normal locking or moving that usually happens with threads?  Or was it really moved or merged somewhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Okay - I'm hoping I can get away with asking this here, just because we often get a little leniency here.  

A few hours ago there was post in the Role Playing forum where a guy wanted to meet someone to RP cheating on their spouses.  I made a comment in the thread.  Now that specific thread seems to be missing, though there now is a similar but different thread in the Adult General Discussion forum.  The original thread in the RP section is still showing in my Notifications page, though I have refreshed that page.  However, whenever I click on it, it no longer exists (and I verified it is gone by going directly in the RP sub-forum)

Am I crazy here or did the thread totally disappear as opposed to the normal locking or moving that usually happens with threads?  Or was it really moved or merged somewhere?

Looks like it was removed as a duplicate post. None of the replies from the RP thread are in the Adult one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Looks like it was removed as a duplicate post. None of the replies from the RP thread are in the Adult one.

Totally baffled.  We do sometimes see double posts and sometimes they'll get merged, but I don't recall ever seeing them flat out deleted unless a mod thought someone was spamming the forums or blatantly posting in the wrong sub-forum.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I don't think so. Isn't it the essential flavor of that tea?

(We love tea in our home)

That's what I thought too, but a friend of a friend is starting to sell this tea and one was a listed as Earl Grey de la creme but there is no bergamot in it. They never believe me when I correct them on stuff. =x.x=

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

That's what I thought too, but a friend of a friend is starting to sell this tea and one was a listed as Earl Grey de la creme but there is no bergamot in it. They never believe me when I correct them on stuff. =x.x=

This got me curious so I made Google my friend.

Seems a lot of tea purveyors make this type of Earl Grey. I personally never heard of it before this. My gist of it is the bergamot is probably overridden by the vanilla which is added to smooth out the citrus tones inherent in that tea. A "lighter" flavor profile.

IDK. Sounds like a wimpier version to me LOL. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...