Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

4 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yes I prefer to email because it lets me compose my thoughts. I've actually had to make myself physically say what I'm doing when on the phone with some people because I got tired of "um, hello? are you still there?" when I go silent for more than a second.

The ability to be quiet while composing your thoughts, rather than saying "um", "uh", "like", etc makes me swoon. Rhonda's one lucky gal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I prefer to just let the phone go to voice mail - have always hated phones anyway.  If it is important enough, they'll send an IM or an email.

I rotate voice mail greetings once a month or three. My current one is "Hi, I'm Maddy's personal assistant. If your call is unimportant, leave a message. If it is important, why on Earth did you call Maddy?"

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yes I prefer to email because it lets me compose my thoughts. I've actually had to make myself physically say what I'm doing when on the phone with some people because I got tired of "um, hello? are you still there?" when I go silent for more than a second.

Email lets me say "you are a f**king idiot" and then remove the line before I actually send it.  And it provides a nice record to go back to when mine or others memory starts fading.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Email lets me say "you are a f**king idiot" and then remove the line before I actually send it.  And it provides a nice record to go back to when mine or others memory starts fading.

I do that too, but I also use the animals in my yard as recipients for the verbal abuse I'd like to shovel on the asshats I speak to by phone. Surely one of my neighbors has heard me running through the woods, cursing at the fleeing squirrels for their unbelievably incompetent customer service.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Isn't it ironic that the nicest person *I* know on the forums was the last to post in that thread?

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

..., not knowing which thread "that" one is, scrambles to post in every one of them.

/me simply races off to find out what happened after I last looked a few hours ago

7 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Isn't it ironic that the nicest person *I* know on the forums was the last to post in that thread?

Either "Thank you very much"   :$

or someone's stuff got deleted - I actually had 2 posts at the end of the thread and now one is gone.

Just now, Clover Jinx said:

If only there was some flouncing or grand flourishing of words, alas, they merely closed the door.

Though they did also remove a LOT of posts.  That thing went from 18 pages down to 14 pages plus the one post on page 15.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Either "Thank you very much"   :$

or someone's stuff got deleted - I actually had 2 posts at the end of the thread and now one is gone.

Though they did also remove a LOT of posts.  That thing went from 18 pages down to 14 pages plus the one post on page 15.

Ah I didn't notice that and I've actually had to work today so I've only been checking the forums sporadically. I miss all the good stuff, sometimes it's on purpose.

9 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Let's put it this way: never before have I seen forum software censor the f-word but not the c-word.... O.o

(Yes, of course I mean fish and chips :P)

Well then, I'm glad I missed that particular post.  I missed many in that thread. Every time I came back to it, it grew by a page or two, and too much of it was repitition (or off topic w/ stuff I wasn't interested in).  I started skimming through it, mostly only reading posts by specific people that I enjoy reading.

I'm assuming then that the missed censoring had to do with your post saying you had reported it.  I was wondering what made you say that, but decided there was so much wrong with the thread, that I didn't want to go looking for the latest horrid comment.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

That specific post was the one I eventually reported, although that wasn't the only thing I mentioned in the report. I'm no prude (hell, anyone who reads my blog knows I swear like the proverbial trooper) but I was gobsmacked at how long that post was up, not to mention how that word escaped the forum's censor.

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

That specific post was the one I eventually reported, although that wasn't the only thing I mentioned in the report. I'm no prude (hell, anyone who reads my blog knows I swear like the proverbial trooper) but I was gobsmacked at how long that post was up, not to mention how that word escaped the forum's censor.

I was shocked by how some comments managed to last at all in that thread - and even by how long the thread itself was allowed to go.  I'm guessing the normal mods were on vacation/holiday or busy with other stuff this week/weekend.  I just cannot imagine the normal mods letting that go on like that.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was shocked by how some comments managed to last at all in that thread - and even by how long the thread itself was allowed to go.  I'm guessing the normal mods were on vacation/holiday or busy with other stuff this week/weekend.  I just cannot imagine the normal mods letting that go on like that.

Yep, not to mention all of the forum PMs and inworld IMs that were being sent to people. I muted the OP both here and inworld as soon as they started turning vicious, because I remembered from an earlier thread that they have a history of doing that.

• Like 1