Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's B!tch - When the damn printer will not let you print a document in black ink only simply because one of your 'colors' is out. Stupid technology.

Printer Hatred has got to be the most universal hatred of all who've ever had a job anywhere, I think. We've all seen this probably countless times but it still has appeal.

Caution: If you are bothered by foul language, repeated over and over, turn off your speakers/unplug your ear buds or headphones first. I was never a big fan of Rap myself but I must say this one is completely appropriate for this particular scene. I doubt there's a one of us who doesn't feel that same urge.

Merry Christmas, fellow idiots! :-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

When I was an assistant manager at the big movie theatre in Albuquerque, we (the general manager and a couple other assistants) actually did that to a printer. We then set it on fire, took pics and sent those to the IT guys at our home office. This is the same manager that also started a hide-n-seek snowball fight inside the building one winter.

• Like 4

Merry ... all of it to all of you...

Decembre was way more hectic than I thought it to be (my own fault though...wanted too much and with the job training I got 9-10 hrs less a day which I still have to get used to...)and yeah we´re starting research for my new desktop pc (poor Shodan is so brave in her last days before going into retirement as a backup/server/data storage)....and my notebook isn´t fixed yet...

Hope your holidays are going great and calmly, miss you crazy freaks loads!

D says hi

Well in Germany we say "guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr", which would translate to slide well into the new year  - please don´t take it literally unless you´re going sleigh riding ;) 

• Like 5

Rhonda: I just saw Elora's post with the furry hat.  That is cute! You need it.

Me: I did 1 pull and got a pair of boots from that gacha. The hat is one of the rares so...

*inventory ding*

Rhonda: It's on its way!

Me: lol you're too much. i love you

Me: is this your way of telling me I need to stop standing on street corners for gachas? =~.^=

Rhonda snorts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Happiest of New Years to everyone.

While some good things happened this year, most of the year was a ***** globally which created a lot of undue anxiety and stress. Hoping 2018 finds everyone more at peace.

G and I are spending a quiet night home feasting on fine food and expensive champagne. A local restaurant we'd been to on a previous New Year was offering take home dinners this year. Waldorf salad, Burgundy short ribs, truffled cheese tortellini, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and a chocolate mousse cake to top it off.  It's all prepared - pick up/heat and serve when ready.  We have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne in the fridge, which we'll finally open. 

I'll keep that dinner a secret from my nutritionist :D 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 4

I walked into a store today and couldn't believe how littered the floor was with boxes people had rezzed to unpack and then just left there.  I was just amazed at how many people did not clean up after themselves.  It sure says a lot about what type of people they are in RL.

5a4a6da1c4cb1_LitteringResidents.thumb.jpg.2bd7266aeee961bc23a732b3d3d2e745.jpg

• Sad 2

Happy New Year, Forumites!  Hope everyone had a good winter holiday season.

Anyone on the East Coast of the US?  Crazy snowstorm going on today!  Here in DC, we didn't see much snow...just lots and lots of WIND.  And it's freaking cold.  But points to the east got walloped by snow, and I saw that the coastal regions from the Carolinas to Maine got/are going to get walloped, snow-wise!  Stay safe and warm!  <3

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I walked into a store today and couldn't believe how littered the floor was with boxes people had rezzed to unpack and then just left there.  I was just amazed at how many people did not clean up after themselves.  It sure says a lot about what type of people they are in RL.

5a4a6da1c4cb1_LitteringResidents.thumb.jpg.2bd7266aeee961bc23a732b3d3d2e745.jpg

I was in a hurry. Let auto-return do its job.

• Haha 3

So my supervisor just sends out this email:

'Per (super big wig in charge), effective immediately, please answer the phone by stating your department name, your name, your title, and “how may I help you”.  Not “what do you want”.'

Now 99% of our calls our inter-office and she doesn't like it anymore than we do, but she just now answers the phone with "Hey!" She knew it was one of my co-workers but we still gave her a hard time about it =~.^=

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yes I prefer to email because it lets me compose my thoughts. I've actually had to make myself physically say what I'm doing when on the phone with some people because I got tired of "um, hello? are you still there?" when I go silent for more than a second.

• Like 3