Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Sure I'd open it. But there's still a lot of uncertainty. Do I die 127 seconds after falling out of a hot air balloon onto the spire at the top of the Chrysler building, or 62 years after falling into a coma that leaves me alert, in pain, and unable to communicate.

See what happens when you ask me questions like this?

My first thought was, "Why in the hell are you flying above the Chrysler Building in a hot air balloon???!!!".

And then I realized to whom I was addressing that question. Answered.

• Like 3

So re the Death thing-

a real hmm kind of question. Should we allow death to "come as a thief in the Night"? Or - "take arms against a sea of troubles.."? I admit, I do not know- Sometimes I feel I am committing suicide on the instalment plan- but still, I want to see what happens next- I would hope I ha d time to get my debts settled and my affairs in order- maybe I would peek...

Re silly- I'm with Elora- baby goats for the win!

Loved the party, Mo- thanks for arranging it all - it was a blast :)

As for looks- I have the same skin and mildly modded body since 2008. I cannot fathom the attraction of mesh bodies- they could never be "me". I want to look at me and really look like me-

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Zena Randt said:

Hello everyone!   It's been awhile.    My silliest passion.... blue & white china teacups and saucers.....

teacups.jpg

I don't get all worked up about china.....but I have to say that picture shows some pretty damned exquisite stuff. I do not believe I have ever seen china with a realized design on the inside of the cup.  Beautiful work, and just another entry in the "a human did this. No, really" log. People continue to amaze me, and how cool is that?

• Like 1

Hi Mo (big hugs to you, dear) - I see you've got the band back together.  :) Nice work! 

Hi Aebs!!  We've got to do some catching up... as soon as I figure out this "mesh" business.....   :)  I leave for 5 minutes and y'all had to go get all complicated.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I don't get all worked up about china.....but I have to say that picture shows some pretty damned exquisite stuff. I do not believe I have ever seen china with a realized design on the inside of the cup.  Beautiful work, and just another entry in the "a human did this. No, really" log. People continue to amaze me, and how cool is that?

So true, Dillon.  Like you, I was never very interested until my sister gave me a cup and saucer made in the early 1800's ...now about 50 sets later....   Just lovely artwork.  It also helps if you love tea.  :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Amaranthim Talon said:

I cannot fathom the attraction of mesh bodies- they could never be "me". I want to look at me and really look like me. 

SAY THAT, SISTAH! SAY THAT!

Yah ... its like "Mesh bodies: because SL wasn't f*&^%g complicated enough already.  "

For men mesh clothing is just now getting improved to the point where it isn't godawful hideous - much - anymore. I understand it takes textures better, but thanks to mesh clothing SL menswear has gone from 'one size fits all' to 'no size fits anybody'.  If I have to wear an alpha, it doesn't fit, period, non-negotiable.  

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 4

and if mesh bodies ever get to the point where: 

1. I can look like who I want to look like, rather than being able to look 'any way I want, as long as I wanna look like one of these 5 people ...'

AND

2. I can once again buy any clothes I like without having to worry whether they're compatible - like it once was - 

then perhaps I'll reconsider whether I'm willing to spend in four digits separately for each of body, hands, feet, and head just to get what formerly came free upon login. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

After about 6 years of living in the shadow of the massive quakes that hit us here in NZ, I can honestly say that I am over china.
The main takeaway I learned was always use what you love as often as you can because tomorrow it can all be gone in an instant.

Of course, when I say gone, I mean still there...on the floor, everywhere in billions of tiny pieces. *sighs*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aebleskiver Thibedeau said:

Zena!!! Welcome back, girl!

Speaking of welcome back... Hi, Æb!

@Marianne McCann - I've been curious about those things for a while. It'd be kinda fun to fart sparkles ;) 

@Zena Randt- Willow Pattern! Haven't seen that for a while. My Nan used to collect it. She had the full set, so I'd often have my dinner dished up on fancy blue and white plates when I was a kid and staying with my grandparents in the summer hols. Thanks for invoking a happy memory there.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

SAY THAT, SISTAH! SAY THAT!

Yah ... its like "Mesh bodies: because SL wasn't f*&^%g complicated enough already.  "

For men mesh clothing is just now getting improved to the point where it isn't godawful hideous - much - anymore. I understand it takes textures better, but thanks to mesh clothing SL menswear has gone from 'one size fits all' to 'no size fits anybody'.  If I have to wear an alpha, it doesn't fit, period, non-negotiable.  

I am nowhere near ready to try mesh bodies, though I'm starting to look at the feet.  At least women's mesh clothing has been around long enough (since before my long break) that many of the kinks of wearing it on classic avatars are worked out.  The one thing I hate is with the alpha under the clothing, various cam positions will show the hollows.  I still get totally confused on the types of mesh though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Mari got a mesh head!

Morning everyone...

Hahaha. It's a stunning likeness, too!

FWIW, I have been asking around about them and trying to decide which will work best for me, but am not ready to make that jump. I do love my bento hands, tho.

• Like 1

This afternoon's survey - What is one of your pet peeves? 

I'll start - I'm an A type personality, always early for every appointment, always go-go-go when I am out and about (yes I do get low key at home).  This translates into my driving - I like to drive fast and hate being stuck behind cars with lots of empty lane in front of them.  So one of my biggest pet peeves is cars, or the drivers, that accelerate super slow off of a light.  This is a big reason why I try to keep my commute under 30 minutes.  I'd likely stroke out if I had to deal with drivers during rush hour for a longer time that that. 

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

If *I* admitted I'd been camming up under peoples' clothing, y'all would say it was creepy. 

:)

(Yes, I know what you mean. :P

You can cam up my skirt, I turn that stupid alpha off, I mean on those days I don't want to give guys a show, I wear jeans.

• Like 3

I don't mind if a driver accelerates gently from a traffic light, but what tees me off is drivers who go camping in the fast lane at something less than the legal limit and feel no social duty to merge right when they can.  

Worse: when they're slow in the left lane (like they're enjoying that slow truck so much they wanna cuddle with it) then when they eventually merge right they speed up.  Grrrrrrr. 

I guess that second example goes under the heading of what I call 'baby duck drivers': drivers so incapable of independent thought that they can't choose how fast to go so they just match the speed of whatever they're staring at.  

• Like 3

OH ... and baby duck drivers are at their worst when:

1. I approach one steadily from behind, my chosen speed being slightly faster than theirs

2. I eventually come upon them and change lanes so that I can continue on, but

3. duckling subconsciously ( because this isn't about 'think' ) notices my vehicle alongside and matches my speed. Now I'M the one who appears to be clogging traffic. 

• Like 2