Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 minute ago, Clover Jinx said:

Hubby sends me this pic of 2 sheep dogs from a local animal group:

unknown.png

Me: You think Bear sheds a lot? You think Horse is always dirty? Now look at that picture again

Him: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :)

Such cute little puppies!  

it's hard to think about all that other stuff when they're so cute looking :)

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I keep seeing Birth on the Advent calendar lists but I'm not seeing one there, just the group gift. Spill it! Where is the secret location?

The only thing I saw was Free join the first week of Dec for the group and there will be gifts every Sat in Dec.

Per their Event info, I see no indication of an advent calendar. Where did you see them on a list?

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

That's what I saw too but they are on seraphim's list and on a notecard from SLF&O so it's confusing

Maybe they are only doing partial month - like 12 days or such - and haven't started yet.  I know that some of the ones on that list are doing partial month rather than the entire month, but the list doesn't give those details.

20 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I keep seeing Birth on the Advent calendar lists but I'm not seeing one there, just the group gift. Spill it! Where is the secret location?

There is a Christmas tree just to the right of the group gift, behind the snowmen -- One of the presents says it is an advent gift.  Possibly that present changes daily.

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only thing I saw was Free join the first week of Dec for the group and there will be gifts every Sat in Dec.

Per their Event info, I see no indication of an advent calendar. Where did you see them on a list?

Wasn't that Elemental? I think Birth is somehow affiliated with them

Everytime I see one of these kinds of conversations (started with Clover asking about Birth's advent calendar) I am amazed at how much some of you know about stores and merchants and product lines and all of it. Seriously. I don't even know who any of those stores are.

I swear, if you guys were mountain men Jedediah Smith would be asking you for directions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It's a lot of piecing information together from various sources. It may just be me cause I was a bit late to the party, but the Advent lists this year seem a bit more disorganized than last year, like what starts when, is a free or pay group required.

I did see the tree at Birth but it was the same as the group gift my 3 trips there and on the first trip they had it set to the blogger group.

Elemental is Birth and Venge teaming up together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I did see the tree at Birth but it was the same as the group gift my 3 trips there and on the first trip they had it set to the blogger group.

I figured that out after I checked the package and then re-checked the group gift that I had picked up the day before.   :S

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

For those of you that play the Gacha machines:  I only buy Gachas from the MP - I am a control freak and will not pump money into something when I might get something I don't want.  Anyway, a few times when I've rezzed my Gacha bag to open, the below message pops up - I've clicked both buttons and have seen no messages in chat giving me any clues on what it is about.  Likely, it only applies to actually playing the machines, but thought I'd ask.

image.png.79d27d42dbad6a73e8666e7faeacb8fd.png

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For those of you that play the Gacha machines:  I only buy Gachas from the MP - I am a control freak and will not pump money into something when I might get something I don't want.  Anyway, a few times when I've rezzed my Gacha bag to open, the below message pops up - I've clicked both buttons and have seen no messages in chat giving me any clues on what it is about.  Likely, it only applies to actually playing the machines, but thought I'd ask.

image.png.79d27d42dbad6a73e8666e7faeacb8fd.png

PRIZE!

it is an Epiphany item, you can redeem it for 1 point 3 points for a rare... special Epiphany rewards cost 25 points ... you do the math ;)

PS: I accidentally deleted one and have a permanent Epiphany point as reminder for my folly

Edited by Fionalein

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

PRIZE!

it is an Epiphany item, you can redeem it for 1 point 3 points for a rare... special Epiphany rewards cost 25 points ... you do the math ;)

Do I need to click it before taking the items out of the bag ?  The box pops up as soon as I rez a bag to the ground.  I've clicked Prize before and get no messages in chat and no new item in inventory.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do I need to click it before taking the items out of the bag ?  The box pops up as soon as I rez a bag to the ground.  I've clicked Prize before and get no messages in chat and no new item in inventory.

I think it just removes the redeem script, if you can take it out without the script... ignore it.

• Thanks 1

/me.....head spinning with factoids I didn't know about, and some I don't understand.

My SL knowledge sphere is growing every day.

BUT my SL unknowns sphere grows exponentially every day.

I'm losing the race.......🤔

Even with my obsessional thirst for knowledge........

So now I'm kicking back with a glass of white wine, listening to the soundtrack from LaLa Land, and contemplating how ancient Scylla really is........🥂😊

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

My SL knowledge sphere is growing every day.

BUT my SL unknowns sphere grows exponentially every day.

I'm losing the race.......🤔

Even with my obsessional thirst for knowledge........

this you have in common with people like Socrates and Albert Einstein :)

the more we know, the more we understand how little this is compared to all the things we know we don't know, and how even littler this is compared to all the things we don't know that we don't know

or as sometimes people say, there are the known knowns, the unknown knowns, the known unknowns and then the unknown unknowns. And when they say this we go: Am not sure they know what they are talking about. And they go: Me either really but it sounds cool which makes it a known known for me even if I don't understand it. And as you don't understand it either same as me, even tho you now know as I just told you, is a known unknown for you

and we go: would you like another cup of tea ?

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ellestones said:

this you have in common with people like Socrates and Albert Einstein :)

the more we know, the more we understand how little this is compared to all the things we know we don't know, and how even littler this is compared to all the things we don't know that we don't know

or as sometimes people say, there are the known knowns, the unknown knowns, the known unknowns and then the unknown unknowns. And when they say this we go: Am not sure they know what they are talking about. And they go: Me either really but it sounds cool which makes it a known known for me even if I don't understand it. And as you don't understand it either same as me, even tho you now know as I just told you, is a known unknown for you

and we go: would you like another cup of tea ?

:)

Well actually I'm moving on to a glass of red Californian Zinfandel...... with pizza!

At this time in the evening its more welcome than tea.

That's a known known!!

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 9:23 AM, Dillon Levenque said:

Everytime I see one of these kinds of conversations (started with Clover asking about Birth's advent calendar) I am amazed at how much some of you know about stores and merchants and product lines and all of it. Seriously. I don't even know who any of those stores are.

I swear, if you guys were mountain men Jedediah Smith would be asking you for directions.

:qft: