Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Not wanting to be a 'sentence nazi' or whatever (since my own punctuation is sometimes inaccurate), I'll not post this in any of the threads where I've recently seen it, but instead I will vent here:

If a person can manage to type in mostly full sentences, without lots of chat speak (using u instead of you, etc...), then why is it so hard to add capitalization and end of sentence punctuation, rather than just running everything together (maybe, maybe) separated by a series of dots?  I realize that when posting via a phone, it sometimes takes an extra finger click/jab to add a period, but doing so will typically automatically capitalize your next word for the beginning of a new sentence.  And other capitals, apostrophes, and such do not really add that much more time.

I try not to complain too much about grammar and punctuation since I tend to toss in hyphens to break up thoughts, rather than using semi-colons or periods or parens when those would likely be better. However, I think my posts are still very readable and understandable, even given my quirk with hyphens.  Yet when nothing is capitalized and there are tons of sentences only separated by a few dots, it is often just so difficult to read and fully understand the gist of what is being said.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's what so frustrating about that particular type of posting style:  The sentences are complete, just not properly punctuated or capitalized and such.

It's easy to imagine such a person talks the same way - never stopping to breathe or give the listeners a chance to respond or interject.

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's easy to imagine such a person talks the same way - never stopping to breathe or give the listeners a chance to respond or interject.

what do you meen under this I just can't see your point I was having a lovely buble bath (still having) then i came here to see this like it's normal or accepted that's what I said to my pet lama when we was digging on the farm avfew days back when we had that lovely sunny day we planting the strawberry's I think a spider is crawling on my back now and not when I was planting the berrys in the straw no it is just a hair not a spider so where was i

• Haha 6

Firestorm is still the most popular viewer.  I'm weird in that I prefer the lab's viewer most of the time.  Either will work fine for a party

[eta]
Scratch that last part.  LL's viewer will probably start texture thrashing with a group of people all together like that.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Firestorm is still the most popular viewer.  I'm weird in that I prefer the lab's viewer most of the time.  Either will work fine for a party

[eta]
Scratch that last part.  LL's viewer will probably start texture thrashing with a group of people all together like that.

Have you finished painting the living room yet??

HI there - two things:

1.  Tomorrow morning, the Sunday Breakfast crew will be at the Hangout: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/217/34/27.  Breakfast is served from 8-10 AM SLT.

image.png.a03dc5fd545cfe04d9195a72b257e585.png

2.  Don't forget about the Halloween party next Saturday, October 27, from 12 noon - midnight SLT.  Can't wait to see you - and your festive attire! 

halloween2.thumb.jpg.d40fbbe4043a989e53ded798b45ba0b6.jpg

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I recently got done upgrading a world clock I made 9 years ago. I changed it to mesh, reducing LI and made it Daylight Savings time accurate until 2030. An EU friend told me the other day the EU has decided to do away with DST. It figures.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
Because wording was chronologically inaccurate.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

SLT = Second Life Time.  This is the time displayed at the top right.  It is the time events are listed in search.  It is also US Pacific Time zone or -8 GMT.  It is the default time for anything in Second Life that is not specified in alternate time zone. 

Thanks, I knew what SLT stood for, I was just verifying it meant Pacific time.

• Like 1

For the Halloween party at the Hangout, we still have two shifts open for hosts. Party Hosts welcome the guests and if there's a performer during the shift, assist with streaming setup.

If you're interested in being a host, the available shifts are SLT noon to 2:00 PM, and 10:00 PM to midnight. We have a simple google doc for signing up. It can be found here.

• Like 2