Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

15 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

If they accepted it - and insured it - it would seem to me that would imply the packaging was adequate. 

Apparently, just picking it up for shipping does not imply that they approve of the packing.  There website is even vague about it:  "Use adequate cushioning material".   Talk about subjective.  The picture was not moving around in the box, it had thick styrofoam corner and edge covers, and there was bubble wrap on top of the glass itself.

34 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have been sick all weekend and just now able to sip a little ice water.  I'm feeling rough but the painful part is over.

So I wanted to text Clover and whine a little about needing her attention. My phone had some interesting guesses for what I wanted.

Screenshot_a.thumb.jpg.854603a6f52dee2c3dd8ea1e141f78f0.jpg

*puts on her nurse outfit* I'll be right over!

• Like 5

time to laugh at the weird girl:

I deleted all the Hair Fair Demos cos... I was done with them.... and I double checked both inventory and trash...then added the 5 remaining demos  - cleared trash...and my Furniture and freebies were gone... well EFF!!!! I´ve regained a couple of things trhough caspervend redelivery and will hit some of the stores that I remember... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course I filed a ticket with any information that could be helpful just in case... but I don´t really know ´how helpful that is.... 

I´m surprisingly calm though....at least I don´t have to sort and clean that part... but still MY STUFF ;-; 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

SL is having fun today. Teleported home from an event and landed minus everything except my head, ears, hair, eyes, and hands. Refreshed attachments but nothing came back. Couldn't re-add anything either. Relogged and was only missing my pants after that. Added them back, went to another event, picked up demos, teleported home...

...aaaand I was missing everything again. In the end I just took everything off and went around to pick up all the demos I wanted with just a full alpha on.

I'd wondered why the very few people on my contacts list kept logging off and on, off and on, off and on tonight. Now I know why. ¬¬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It's just like the cloak from Harry Potter!!!!!  Disable the name tag and you can move around in peace and quiet!!!

Has something changed? One of the things we could not do was turn off our own name tags. We can turn them off when taking pictures (in some viewers, anyway) and we can choose whether or not to see OTHER people's name tags, but we never used to be able to mask our own. Has that changed?

• Like 1

I think it might have. Nova's was off at the breakfast club when she disabled everyone else's (for her). I tried it later and my tag disappeared, so maybe it's changed..........

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Has something changed? One of the things we could not do was turn off our own name tags. We can turn them off when taking pictures (in some viewers, anyway) and we can choose whether or not to see OTHER people's name tags, but we never used to be able to mask our own. Has that changed?

You can disable seeing your own name tag, and you can disabling seeing other's tags. I don't think you can prevent others from seeing your name tag, or your green dot on the map. That seams reasonable. If you were able to go invisible and hide your name tag from others, how would anyone know who to AR? That would be griefer's heaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You can disable seeing your own name tag, and you can disabling seeing other's tags. I don't think you can prevent others from seeing your name tag, or your green dot on the map. That seams reasonable. If you were able to go invisible and hide your name tag from others, how would anyone know who to AR? That would be griefer's heaven.

So it's still not possible to 'hide' your own name tag. That's what I'd thought, for the same reasons you suggest. Although in your case it wouldn't help a bit: the slowly fading ember trail is a sure sign that Maddy was here ;-).

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

So it's still not possible to 'hide' your own name tag. That's what I'd thought, for the same reasons you suggest. Although in your case it wouldn't help a bit: the slowly fading ember trail is a sure sign that Maddy was here ;-).

Think I’ve seen people do it by putting their avatar underground, etc. Was years ago..