Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

On 4/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

Happy Friday the 13th ^^ may it be a VERY lucky day for you ... as much or more as it has been for me so far

(my little horrorpunk heart jumps everytime ^^)

I was born on Friday the 13th (in fact, last Friday was my birthday!) - I always considered it to be a lucky day....my mom may have a different opinion! xD

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

I was born on Friday the 13th (in fact, last Friday was my birthday!) - I always considered it to be a lucky day....my mom may have a different opinion! xD

Happy belated birthday, Mo! I hope you had a great one.

• Like 4

This is one of those comments not meant for the main masses:

Why do people tell us their name when they make a post and want to be contacted?  You know - when they say something like "IM me, my name is blah-blah-blah".  Do they not realize that their name is literally right there with their post and everyone can see it?  They have to log into the forums using the SL username.  Is it really that confusing or complicated?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's just a social nicety, Lil.  A holdover from past days, I admit.  For example, I always say "Hi, this is Lindal" when I call someone on the phone...even though I know perfectly well my name is showing up on their smartphone display.  I notice that the Millenial generation does not do this.

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's just a social nicety, Lil.  A holdover from past days, I admit.  For example, I always say "Hi, this is Lindal" when I call someone on the phone...even though I know perfectly well my name is showing up on their smartphone display.  I notice that the Millenial generation does not do this.

For the phone, us oldies are just used to our names not showing up.  Even now, I don't always get someone's name - sometimes just their phone number comes through, so introduction there is still a good idea since you never know what others may or may not see.

It just seems odd to me when I see it in the forums - and here it seems that it is often the young ones that always give their name. 

Hey there - you Flickr users probably received the notifications that Flickr was bought by SmugMug.  Here's info on to download all your Flickr photos, even if you still plan to continue using Flickr/SmugMug:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/two-ways-to-get-your-photos-out-of-smugmugs-flickr/

ETA:  Strawberry Singh has a good post about this, too: https://strawberrysingh.com/2018/04/24/smugmug-acquires-flickr-flickr-alternatives-for-second-life-residents/

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Thanks 3

I am not a Gatcha person, partly because I am too much of a control freak to leave my so called purchase to chance.  However, I was picking up the 30L gifts at the current Vintage Gatcha Fair and liked the face tattoos that Fallen Gods had out there - some nice fantasy ones and they are one of the few places that still supply system layer tattoos in their packages.  Anyway, the ones I liked were only 30L a pull, so I clicked it a few times.  Got a total of 6 of the tattoos, managing to get at least one of each of the four styles and got 2 Gold Rares.   Not too bad for something like my 2nd or 3rd time of ever doing a Gatcha.  I can see how it could get addictive too.

ETA:  After looking more closely at some of the other Gatchas, I don't have to worry about getting addicted.  There is no way I'm paying 30-50L per play to try getting all of the various pieces of some outfit.  With the way my luck usually goes, I'd end up paying L$1000 for a bunch of pair of the same colored socks and/or panties and never manage to get the actual dress to go with them.  The tattoos were easy because I liked the design and would have been happy with roughly 75% of the colors and didn't need multiple pieces for one wearing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is no way I'm paying 30-50L per play to try getting all of the various pieces of some outfit.

That's pretty much my MO as well, unless I like all the pieces equally and I wouldn't mind too much if I only got two or three of them. What I usually do with outfit gachas, though, is to make a note of the store and outfit name, and then check Marketplace about a week or so later (and often several days after that, multiple times) for that name. Invariably I'll find most of the outfit that I want on there, for much less than I would have fed into the gacha machine trying to win it all myself.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

What I usually do with outfit gachas, though, is to make a note of the store and outfit name, and then check Marketplace about a week or so later (and often several days after that, multiple times) for that name. Invariably I'll find most of the outfit that I want on there, for much less than I would have fed into the gacha machine trying to win it all myself.

Oh yeah, the Gatcha re-sale stuff.  I had completely forgotten about those.  I'll keep that in mind.

Recently I was involved in a conversation  about choosing one's name in VWs.   A girl with display name 'Lexi' chose the name after Googling names of women obsessed with sex.  At her source sexual obsession was the very definition of the name. 

I've encountered far more women named 'Lexi' in SL than in FL.  I'm curious about the cause-and-effect relationship between the SL women and the definition.

hmmm.png

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Haha 1