Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's too bad that I don't really like any of the 'tones' at WoW because they are having an awesome sale right now. 

I went and picked up some poses by Belle Poses.  their non Bento ones are 50% off.  I'm sorely lacking in poses. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Highlights would be nice! :x

Mo turned 10 and we had a party.  She is still as cute and nice as ever.  I hate her.  In the best way possible.

We picked up a few new (well, kind of new) members.  And is "member" really the right word?
Several new chat buddies.

No new men.  A few have stopped in and said hi but ... do you remember there used to be so many more?  Anyway ... moving on.

I quit my job.  Well, retiring actually, but not a permanent retirement.  So yeah, I quit.  Today is my last working day; tomorrow I check in equipment, say goodbyes and leave this headache behind.

Hippie is taking a break from running the Breakfast club on Sunday's and is now on the guest DJ list.  GoSpeed is managing the locations otherwise.

Mesh vs system is reaching new discrimination levels but nothing like the gor vs furry spats of years gone by.  But that's in world and in other parts of the forums.  It's still kumbaya in here and that's the way we like it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

We picked up a few new (well, kind of new) members.  And is "member" really the right word?
Several new chat buddies.

In LSL Scripting we are called "agents"; in casual conversations, we refer to our "Avatars" or "avies". In general, LL has always referred to us and back 10 years ago we called ourselves "Citizens". You are a citizen of Second Life, as though it's a sovereign country or something. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been working on a new angel outfit all morning.  It's just NOT coming together.  I spent 2 1/2 hours choosing the hair, and still haven't decided on the right one. Nothing is working together.  Well, that's not true.  it all looks fine together, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.   uugh!!!   

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I've been working on a new angel outfit all morning.  It's just NOT coming together.  I spent 2 1/2 hours choosing the hair, and still haven't decided on the right one. Nothing is working together.  Well, that's not true.  it all looks fine together, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.   uugh!!!   

oh gosh I´ve been there.... does your head in, right? *offers a hug and choccie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

oh gosh I´ve been there.... does your head in, right? *offers a hug and choccie

Oh, it soooo does!!  And I KNOW I have the items I need in my inventory, but I still find myself looking at the MP for stuff. :P  Pretty sure I'm at the point I need to just walk away from this, for the moment, and work on something else. *sigh*  It'll fall into place eventually.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Catrie said:

The story of most of my picture outfits.  I have a terrible time figuring out the elements to go with a specific outfit for a shot.  I get a fuzzy idea in my head, but can't seem to pull it off inworld very often.  I have roughly a dozen partial setups in my 'Take Picture' folder right now.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The story of most of my picture outfits.  I have a terrible time figuring out the elements to go with a specific outfit for a shot.  I get a fuzzy idea in my head, but can't seem to pull it off inworld very often.  I have roughly a dozen partial setups in my 'Take Picture' folder right now.

usually things just come together, because I'm not really setting out to make X outfit.  I'm just scrolling through my inventory ( which I NEED to clean out) and throwing stuff together.  I think my problem is that this is an outfit I'm actually trying to plan, for a purpose.  I want to continue along with my Sun of Glory theme, from the first one.  That one was just thrown together. Makes it harder when I know where I'm going, just not sure how to get there. :P  

Well, with the tier changes, I got the final incentive to go out land shopping.  I've been planning on getting a bigger plot for some time now and the premium increase to 1024 each finally made it really worthwhile.  I ended up bumping up quite a bit in land size, deciding to go ahead and pay additional like I had planned before.  Now comes the extremely difficult and tedious task of landscaping it, deciding on a new house, and furnishing the house -- all tasks that I hate with a passion.  While I am fairly good at decorating, I hate the shopping that goes with it and I truly suck at landscaping. Guess I'll have to spend more time spying on my neighbors for ideas.

• Like 5

On 3/14/2018 at 12:49 PM, Catrie said:

usually things just come together, because I'm not really setting out to make X outfit.  I'm just scrolling through my inventory ( which I NEED to clean out) and throwing stuff together.  I think my problem is that this is an outfit I'm actually trying to plan, for a purpose.  I want to continue along with my Sun of Glory theme, from the first one.  That one was just thrown together. Makes it harder when I know where I'm going, just not sure how to get there. :P  

Just wear a really, REALLY bright facelight.

facelight.png.23707284232146548d0029fc52886f80.png

• Haha 4

So I rented one of those reasonably-priced multi-scene skyboxes again, I'm sure most of you have lived in  them from time to time.

They're actually not a bad value, IMO. The choices are plentiful while the structures and furnies are well-known brands.  They can be pretty nice except when there are too many rooms and they begin to feel cramped. 

The names of the scenes are truncated by the menu script to fit on the buttons, which causes considerable amusement for linguistically-fixated me. Some of them are worth a chuckle, some of them really have my curiosity piqued. 

There are several "Ho"s.  I'll mention those without elaboration, they're way too easy.  For my rental pittance among other options I can rez a Castle Ho, Malibu Ho, or Beach Ho.

"Empty Do",  I assume, is in connection with the Malibu Ho.  That hair looks good but doesn't contain a lot.

'Cherry Blo' and 'Sweet Too' are mild curiosities. 

'Stonehen' had plenty of rocks but none were even vaguely bird-shaped. 

There is one  called "Hidden Poo'.  Having lived with cats and/or dogs all of my life I didn't care to try it. 

'Private Poo' had water, but I was a bit ill at the idea of taking a dip.  I didn't see any cleaning tools or sanitation chemicals anywhere. 

I can only assume that 'Ocean Fro' is a scene for 1970s Jamaica role play.

'Photo Stud' ... Maybe meet Jason Momoa?  or some of those pretty-boy firefighter calendar guys?  If some of you would like to investigate this one  shoot me an IM.  

My favorite: 'One Roo'.  I love movies about the Outback! I'll be trying that one as soon as I get the proper Rover and a boonie. :) 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Поэтому я снова арендовал один из этих недорогих многозадачных небоскребов, я уверен, что большинство из вас время от времени живут в них.

Они на самом деле не плохое значение, ИМО. Выбор богат, в то время как структуры и мебель - это известные бренды. Они могут быть довольно приятными, за исключением случаев, когда слишком много комнат, и они начинают чувствовать себя тесноватыми. 

Имена сцен усекаются с помощью сценария меню, чтобы поместиться на кнопках, что вызывает значительное развлечение для меня лингвистически зафиксированных. Некоторые из них заслуживают смеха, некоторые из них действительно имеют мое любопытство. 

Есть несколько «Хо». Я упомянул тех, кто не уточнил, они слишком легкие. Для моей арендной платы среди других вариантов я могу занять замок Хо, Малибу Хо или пляж Хо.

«Пустота», я полагаю, связана с Малибу Хо. Эти волосы выглядят хорошо, но не содержат много.

«Cherry Blo» и «Sweet Too» - легкие раритеты. 

«Стоунхен» было много камней, но ни один из них не был даже смутно птичьим. 

Один из них называется «Скрытый Пу». Живя с кошками и / или собаками всю свою жизнь, я не хотел его пробовать. 

У «Частного Пу» была вода, но я был немного болен идеей искупаться. Я не видел никаких чистящих средств или химических веществ для санитарии нигде. 

Я могу только предположить, что «Ocean Fro» - сцена для ролевой игры в Ямайке 1970-х годов.

«Фотостудия» ... Может быть, встретиться с Джейсоном Момоа? или некоторые из тех мальчиков-каменщиков-мальчиков-мальчиков? Если кто-то из вас захочет расследовать это, застрелите меня IM.  

Мой любимый: «Один Рой». Мне нравятся фильмы об Outback! Я попробую это, как только я получу правильный Ровер и буни.:) 

well said =)

• Like 2

Sorry, spellbound.  I'm just rube enough so that I'm not sure if you saw my post in Russian (or whatever - I do not) or if you're jesting with me for having claimed I was linguistically oriented.   I think the smile implies the latter.   Either way I'll accept the compliment. :)

приветствие !

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Sorry, spellbound.  I'm just rube enough so that I'm not sure if you saw my post in Russian (or whatever - I do not) or if you're jesting with me for having claimed I was linguistically oriented.   I think the smile implies the latter.   Either way I'll accept the compliment. :)

приветствие !

Nice to see you’re not “Rushin’ to judgment!”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Извините, заклинание. Я просто достаточно прав, чтобы не быть уверенным, что вы видели мой пост на русском языке (или что-то еще - я этого не делаю), или если вы шутите со мной, заявив, что я лингвистически ориентирован. Я думаю, что улыбка подразумевает последнее. В любом случае я приму комплимент.:)

приветствие!

even if it was in Russian, my browser supports auto translations.
and I understand your text IMHO

• Like 2