Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I'd say definitely teenaged, since one of her final posts called others posting there "sad middle aged ppl who need a second life because their first one is falling apart". If that isn't teenaged foot-stomping, then I don't know what is. I won't mention the rest, because the choice of words in at least one post struck me as an attempt to elicit responses by poking the thread, which is probably why the whole thing was pulled.

ETA: Oh yay. What a great top. 9_9 Here, have something pretty instead:

08f51d9329fcbe81915cde40afd2c5fb--wavy-hair-men-blonde-male-models.jpg.ef6e2a67be20016754daefe91471c400.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Her last few posts certainly suggested a 17 yr old temperament..

I tend to agree.  Instead of doing the graceful thing which would have been saying "Oh yeah!  I forgot to update the age on my RL profile page after my birthday. Yes, I'm 18 now. Thanks for the reminder"  all she did was lash out at everyone.  

I had seen some of the exchange during the middle of the night, but not all, I don't think.  I was just going back to catch up, when I noticed the entire post was gone. 

16 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Hope you can get some rest, Rhonda...Lots of fluids!

And maybe a hot toddy!

How about a hot Toddy that can cook?... https://www.facebook.com/sarahtoddchef/

For those too lazy to click the link...

sarah-todd-plans-to-open-a-restaurant-in

And, since Rhonda already has a Hot Kitty, you can send the Toddy to me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

hello *waves*

well the new year started, both Kasha and me turned 36 (she´s older^^), my ACTUAL job training started after 3 months of pita pre-course, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand... my laptop is back AND I got a new desktop which I´m in the process of setting up (too lazy last night to finish it xD). Oh and on top of that life goes on AND I started bullet journaling as a new hobby so I WILL be on more - but can´t tell how much it will be cos ...24 hours... xD 

What did I miss and how´s everybody?

• Like 6

You've missed entire episodes of trauma and strife, Akasha. Threads locked. People warned off by moderators. Flouncing like you can't believe (mostly you can't believe because nobody ACTUALLY flounced, they just announced it).

A few of us managed to survive, clinging desperately to the wreckage. We've mostly been engaged in our usual frivolity, spiced with occasional sprinkles of wisdom.

In other words, all you've missed is just typical day-to-day Second Life Forum conversation. Welcome back, and keep your head on a swivel. ;-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

For those who knew him, Phoenix Psaltry has lost the good fight.  His wife in SL and RL, Sammie, announced he passed earlier this morning.

P2, as he was known, had battled for many years more health issues than anyone else I know and somehow managed to keep a positive outlook throughout.  I mean, he literally beat down deaths door several times in recent years. 

Musician, writer, SL pioneer.  One of the first people I knew that found his true love in SL. A huge presence in so many ways. He will be sorely missed by many.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

For those who knew him, Phoenix Psaltry has lost the good fight.  His wife in SL and RL, Sammie, announced he passed earlier this morning.

P2, as he was known, had battled for many years more health issues than anyone else I know and somehow managed to keep a positive outlook throughout.  I mean, he literally beat down deaths door several times in recent years. 

Musician, writer, SL pioneer.  One of the first people I knew that found his true love in SL. A huge presence in so many ways. He will be sorely missed by many.

I was so sad to hear the news when Sammie posted it.  Such a wonderful man, and an inspiration to many for that positive outlook you mentioned.  :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I did not know him, regrettably. I wish I had. Condolences to all who did, and hang on to the inspiration he must have been with that positive outlook.

• Like 2

If I have not mentioned before, I have a horrible Texas accent.  Not the fun Dallas accent either; I mean bad hick Marlboro truck stop waitress accent.   And a head cold now too.  I just spent 10 minutes on a Skype meeting with a Japanese girl in Alaska just trying to get her to understand the word "virtualization."   :(

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've had things rez  and open a bit slower than usual, but haven't had anything disappear while editing.

I think I didn't explain it correctly - the item doesn't disappear as in, gone gone gone.

It temporarily can't be seen as you edit. Once you go out of edit, the object is there.

I spoke w/my land owner, Crap Mariner, and he hasn't noticed anything himself so I put in a ticket. I need to check the Jira too I guess

7 hours ago, Derekmate said:

You know that you can still type when you have a call on Skype.

It depends on who set up the meeting.  Most use the defaults but we have a few millennials that don't like the chat pane and disable it in their meeting invites.  It's more secure, so they say, than the default meeting space.  "What is not written down does not exist."

25 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I think I didn't explain it correctly - the item doesn't disappear as in, gone gone gone.

It temporarily can't be seen as you edit. Once you go out of edit, the object is there.

Ahhh, gotcha.  Yeah, I've not experienced that either.

6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Is anyone else experiencing problems the past week or so rezzing/opening boxes? Also, when items are in edit, they disappear as you edit?

Status seems to indicate all is well but not so much for me.

Had this problem once quite a while ago, clearing my cache fixed it for me