Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Skell Dagger, the Cliffs Noter of forum life.

...waits for flames from the SparkNotes crowd.

It's a dangerous world out there. Mind you, I did forget to include "Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll!" so the SparkNoters win this round.

9 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

For the Yanks that would like to understand Skell a little better, I give you "How to Make Tea."

tumblr_oreo6jH7Y71rqudgzo1_500.jpg

Accurate :D Although it's closer to 10 seconds for me. Depends if I have anything else to do after putting the kettle back down while I wait for the tea to brew. It was definitely 10 seconds this morning, because I didn't haul arse out of bed until much later than usual (house too chilly, bed too warm!) so not only was it an impatient teabag-squeeze, it's also the Small Mug. Just enough time for a few gulps-o-char (hence Small Mug = no tea wasted!) until I get to work and can make a Big Mug.

Tea = srs bsns for a Brit ;)

• Like 1

I love it, Clover!

Thank you for reminding me why I like Jazz...

...and for showing the epitome of what my family attempted to do while watching silent movies in the barn when I was young.

I'm turning my family room into a large screen theater, and I have a dream of inviting over my community theater friends to mad-lib some classics.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I love it, Clover!

...and for showing the epitome of what my family attempted to do while watching silent movies in the barn when I was young.

I'm turning my family room into a large screen theater, and I have a dream of inviting over my community theater friends to mad-lib some classics.

Mystery Silent Theater 2018?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Mystery Silent Theater 2018?

When I was in college, late at night in the student lounge, I caught a few episodes of "Mad Movies". It was funnier than MST3K, though I don't think I've actually seen an entire MST3K treatment and so I might not know what I'm talking about...

It would be impossible to do something as well as these things in an impromptu setting, as nobody has seen the movie. Nevertheless, every time we've done it, a storyline has evolved and, by the end, we're wiping away tears of laughter. Woody Allen's "What's Up Tiger Lily" is another example of the re-dubbing art form.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I love it, Clover!

hehe you are welcome!

My sister and I used to do this to silent horror movies too with sincere apologies to Max Schrek  and Lon Chaney, Sr.

• Like 2

They should never let business analysts anywhere near the technical side of operations.

" Please certify all the Certificate fields in each of your assigned Data Certification records before January 1, 2018."

Really?  I mean besides the silly repetition, what does that even mean?  If I didn't already know it is the list of rogue and missing computers as part of the end of year inventory true up that and its attached spreadsheet of serial numbers would mean nothing!

*mumble grumble mumble....*

I have fun stuff I could be doing ...

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

They should never let business analysts anywhere near the technical side of operations.

And the same for allowing technical people near the user interface side of software design. I remember Mom railing over the absurdity of shutting down the word processing software she used on some ancient PC long ago.

"Press ENTER to Exit. Press ESCAPE to return."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

And the same for allowing technical people near the user interface side of software design. I remember Mom railing over the absurdity of shutting down the word processing software she used on some ancient PC long ago.

"Press ENTER to Exit. Press ESCAPE to return."

I had to read it a few times before I realized why it was absurd. It seemed normal.

For all my car fanatic friends, I found an advent calendar -- at a place called Klassy Kars - giving away a car on most advent days (a few of the gifts are not cars).  Though a few aren't actually driving for me (haven't figured out the issue yet), many are -- and you can click previous days to gather up all the older gifts. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/2RAW EXTREME/107/184/267

• Like 1

I expected nothing less from you, Maddy ;)

Well, it's Christmas Jumper Day today, in aid of Save the Children, so I'm heading out to work with Appropriately-Amusing Festive Knitwear on and my donation waiting in my pocket. Should be a bit of a laugh in the office today (actually, it's a bit of a laugh every day in my office; I work with a great bunch of people), with everyone in the weekly boardroom meeting dressed in a daft manner and the chance to snack all day on food that we've all brought in. I've posted it elsewhere on the forum, but it can go here as well, so here's Skell in his Appropriately-Amusing Festive Knitwear:

38247216924_c822e55a9b_h.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

/me pokes her finger in the circle.

I remember this game from my brothers. 

"Kanchō (カンチョー) is a prank performed by clasping the hands together in the shape of an imaginary gun and attempting to poke an unsuspecting victim's anus, often while exclaiming "Kan-CHO!".[1] It is common prank among children in East Asian countries such as Japan,[2] Korea, and Taiwan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanchō

kancho.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2