Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Switching topics. At the top of this page, I posted a picture of a paint can opener and a little story about my friend's ex-hubby, an alcoholic house painter. I told that story to two other friends, who both relayed personal experience with drunken painters. I think I may have stumbled on yet more proof that free will is an illusion. Here are images of paint can openers I have somewhere around the house. All of them contain bottle openers.

image.png.78a2deccd076cfd54d4c6d05f936c9f0.pngimage.png.28a4b6a7b5b8761a0af92a5ee7fc22a8.pngimage.png.3d54472c0e8d09b693ab8cceb2fc155d.png

I'm sure if I searched long enough, I'd find a 5-gallon bucket opener with a built in bung plug wrench. Those poor house painters don't stand a chance.

Explains “paint the town red”.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Halo Minoptra said:

In my late teens, I had a paint-can opener in my room as a hidden-in-plain-sight beer bottle opener. I wondered if I could get away with an ah so, but I never got one:

My father gave me a key ring bottle opener when I was 8. I don't think he had beer in mind, but he figured it's just one of those things that are 'good to have'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

My father gave me a key ring bottle opener when I was 8. I don't think he had beer in mind, but he figured it's just one of those things that are 'good to have'.

I used to work with a bunch of guys who all made their own beer, and one of them had a bottle opener on his key ring. I saw him use it many times (we had a beer fridge at work), but I never saw the opener itself, because it was so small and because he used it so much that he developed this gesture that would take the opener from his pocket and put it immediately back in, and on trip back to his pocket it would open the bottle. It was one sweep of movement.  If you made an animation for it in SL, no one would want it, because it would just look like a guy quickly pulling his hand from his pocket and putting it back in.

I basically upended my life and moved to Southern California... for the weather:) Not nearly as warm as St Petersburg, Fl but I'm not complaining. Everyone else...please stay warm...burrr

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.59.03 PM.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

I used to work with a bunch of guys who all made their own beer, and one of them had a bottle opener on his key ring. I saw him use it many times (we had a beer fridge at work), but I never saw the opener itself, because it was so small and because he used it so much that he developed this gesture that would take the opener from his pocket and put it immediately back in, and on trip back to his pocket it would open the bottle. It was one sweep of movement.  If you made an animation for it in SL, no one would want it, because it would just look like a guy quickly pulling his hand from his pocket and putting it back in.

My dad always opens his beer bottles with his wedding ring :) 

When I was a kid I never made that link and thought he magically put his hand on the bottle and opened it. Checked his hands and pocket for hidden openers but could never find them...

• Like 3

This morning I shared an elevator with a guy who was holding a store-bought apple pie. I almost asked him whether today was someone's birthday, but he had a kind of weird expression on his face like he was embarrassed about the pie, so I didn't say anything.

Of course I had no idea that today is Pi Day. I don't celebrate it; I'm a nonbeliever. But for those of you who are, here is a pie. I don't know what is up with this pie, but it is happening, or has happened at least once:

porgin-pie-finished-tall.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I don't want to live anywhere I'm not top of the food chain .. also, 'Florida man' craziness!

But ‘Florida man’ provides endless entertainment! I guess you can always read about it from where ever you are, too. 🤪 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I don't want to live anywhere I'm not top of the food chain .. also, 'Florida man' craziness!

So, bite back? 

3 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

This morning I shared an elevator with a guy who was holding a store-bought apple pie. I almost asked him whether today was someone's birthday, but he had a kind of weird expression on his face like he was embarrassed about the pie, so I didn't say anything.

Of course I had no idea that today is Pi Day. I don't celebrate it; I'm a nonbeliever. But for those of you who are, here is a pie. I don't know what is up with this pie, but it is happening, or has happened at least once:

porgin-pie-finished-tall.jpg

Is that a pie version of the “Japanese monkeys in hot springs” picture?

18 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

@Love Zhaoying I’m in St Pete too. Small world! Did you see the article in the TBT that said we are having record breaking spring break numbers at the beaches already due to the crappy weather up north? Come on down to Florida everyone. 😁

I was a bit confused, did not see any beaches, or alligators in St. Petersburg while I was there. But I was in Russia, did not know Florida had one too :)

• Haha 1