Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

13 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Don't you hate it when you stand at the refrigerator staring because you can't find what you are looking for?  Like happiness and perfect abs.

I don't know about happiness, but if I ever find perfect abs in the fridge, I'm calling 911 while I run out of the house.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 5

Anyone else having trouble with pictures loading on Flickr? I thought it was my connection at home, but it's happening here at work too.

eta: I guess it has something to do with the transition they are in. I used Chrome and it seemed fine.

Edited by Clover Jinx

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Anyone else having trouble with pictures loading on Flickr? I thought it was my connection at home, but it's happening here at work too.

eta: I guess it has something to do with the transition they are in. I used Chrome and it seemed fine.

My work has actually blocked Flickr  :(, so I'm no help on this one.  

• Sad 2

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is part of why SL is so much fun - I'll bet she looks perfect in her own viewer.  Her hair was still like this when I left that location 5 min later.

59c6ae23cd7d4_20170923-SLRezzing.png.13b2a8394bcab27ed7f5bec22fa82fe3.png

They say the mirror lies, and I think that's true. I look in the mirror and think, "Well, all in all not too bad." I'm sure there's not but one person who thinks that, and that person is me. But I don't think SL lies: I know it does. You show up at your neighbor's big place in your cute new miniskirt outfit, to attend a concert he and the missus have scheduled and after exchanging the usual pleasantries he says, "Umm, Dillon. Did you know you were naked?".  Of course there's like fifteen people, most of them strangers, already in the seats. *Poof*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

They say the mirror lies, and I think that's true. I look in the mirror and think, "Well, all in all not too bad." I'm sure there's not but one person who thinks that, and that person is me. But I don't think SL lies: I know it does. You show up at your neighbor's big place in your cute new miniskirt outfit, to attend a concert he and the missus have scheduled and after exchanging the usual pleasantries he says, "Umm, Dillon. Did you know you were naked?".  Of course there's like fifteen people, most of them strangers, already in the seats. *Poof*

Me too! That happened this weekend. Put on a nice formal dress to go to a good friend's dj gig and immediately get an im from her when I get there.
Her: "Were your bewbs always that great?"
Me: OMG am I naked??
Her: No, your dress arrived on the next train.
Me: Good SL, never fails at failing!
Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

"Per my knowledge" I have not had that happened in quite some years.

Then again, poeple are likely just not telling me about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"Per my knowledge" I have not had that happened in quite some years.

Then again, poeple are likely just not telling me about it.

Yes, my example above was from years back. That was one of my first places; I'd built a house and everything. The guy I was talking about slowly acquired almost the entire sim, one  piece at a time. The only piece left was my 2048. When I became aware of that I offered to sell; I could always go somewhere else, there were even some available plots nearby. He told me no; they liked having me there (aside from the usual flirting—I yam what I yam—there was never anything going on between us, although how he could resist me wading out thigh-deep to fish in his pond in my hot pink bikini, I'll never know).

One of my best memories: I logged in one day around Christmas, still of course wearing the outfit I'd worn to a dance the night before. He IM'd me and asked if he could talk. I TP'd him onto the deck I'd built on top of the 1st story and we sat in my patio chairs and talked. He wanted my opinion on his SL business decisions. As if I had a clue. I did my best but what tickled me the most was that during this serious business discussion, he was looking every inch the businessman in a suit and tie (as usual) while I was still in my Christmas outfit, which was pretty much something the wickedest elf Santa ever even thought about might wear.

Should this be in my "Why I Love Second Life' folder?

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I have a package coming to me from California. I live in Oregon. My package is in New Jersey right now. O.o

Last month, I watched a UPS package bounce back and forth between my local UPS distribution center and New Jersey. My need for the item (a six pound bag of popcorn) was not yet dire, so I entertained myself by guessing how long it would take for UPS to catch the error. My situation eventually became critical, necessitating a call to their #800 number. The package had made four round trips between Wisconsin and New Jersey by the time I tapped them on the shoulder. Now that my tummy is happy, my brain is upset. I wanted to see how long this could go.

ETA: Has anyone else ever had this happen? The package, when it arrived, had only the one shipping label on the outside and didn't look excessively weary from travel, leading me to wonder if it might have been vacationing in New Jersey the entire time.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Last month, I watched a UPS package bounce back and forth between my local UPS distribution center and New Jersey. My need for the item (a six pound bag of popcorn) was not yet dire, so I entertained myself by guessing how long it would take for UPS to catch the error. My situation eventually became critical, necessitating a call to their #800 number. The package had made four round trips between Wisconsin and New Jersey by the time I tapped them on the shoulder. Now that my tummy is happy, my brain is upset. I wanted to see how long this could go.

ETA: Has anyone else ever had this happen? The package, when it arrived, had only the one shipping label on the outside and didn't look excessively weary from travel, leading me to wonder if it might have been vacationing in New Jersey the entire time.

It was probably hidden, tucked info a corner of the truck or plane that was going back and forth

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My (possibly incorrect) understanding was that UPS only updated tracking info when a package's barcode was scanned on arrival at a location. If that's true then it really went back and forth. I have to say this sounds more like some kind of computer problem. It's possible the UPS in-house app has a lot of AI about relative weights for material and the program just wouldn't compute SIX POUNDS of popcorn.

Good grief.