Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

7 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Crikey, I was somewhere recently that had a volcano and now I can't remember it I'm no help at all and I think my brain got too hot today.

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle! Maybe, if I wasn't off to bed. Sleep well peeps!

• Like 2

I saw there were a few comments about Sansar threads...think I'll stay away from them, too.  Anthony and I checked out Sansar Tuesday evening, and....meh.  I thought the avatars were awful!!! O.o  I know it's supposed to be all about VR and what your avatar is looking AT...but I'd like my avatar to not look scary to other people, lol.

• Like 5

Very excited.  I'm going on vaycay tomorrow - to visit my RL bff, @Kit Balogh! I've known Kit since i was seven years old...and she's the one who introduced me to SL almost 10 years ago. :)  I blame her give her credit for my obsession with SL. :P

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

@Clover Jinx  I don't now how fancy of a volcano you need, but there is Mount G'al at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//136/125/168  

I landed facing away from the volcano (looking at a very out of place skybox) but cam around to the other side and the skybox disappears from view.  Also, damage is enabled, so watch your step!

Thank you! I think I can make this work.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

@Clover Jinx  I don't now how fancy of a volcano you need, but there is Mount G'al at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//136/125/168  

I landed facing away from the volcano (looking at a very out of place skybox) but cam around to the other side and the skybox disappears from view.  Also, damage is enabled, so watch your step!

35554555333_48b81ea296_b.thumb.jpg.27ece6a9585ba893b920022ade5fc176.jpg

36194589162_541e73691a_b.thumb.jpg.60782e43c63fbfcfafc9401a2cd199ef.jpg

This looks dangerous. /me wonders what you have planned.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

This looks dangerous. /me wonders what you have planned.

hehe  /me smiles impishly.

I've only been up there a couple of times, and each time I get ready to TP up there from the landmark, I hope that it lands one on the edge, and not 'in'.  I landed with my back to it, and I was almost afraid to turn myself around, not knowing if that might put me off the surface to stand on.  I haven't been killed yet in SL, and wasn't ready to try that out yet.  I know you just get TP'd home or something like that, but still... it would make me feel weird. 

It will be interesting to see if Clover used it for her photo shoot, and if she did, what it looks like.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

hehe  /me smiles impishly.

I've only been up there a couple of times, and each time I get ready to TP up there from the landmark, I hope that it lands one on the edge, and not 'in'.  I landed with my back to it, and I was almost afraid to turn myself around, not knowing if that might put me off the surface to stand on.  I haven't been killed yet in SL, and wasn't ready to try that out yet.  I know you just get TP'd home or something like that, but still... it would make me feel weird. 

It will be interesting to see if Clover used it for her photo shoot, and if she did, what it looks like.  

I'm always keenly interested in the creativity of others, especially when it's preceded by a teaser. I'm looking forward to @Skell Dagger's big reveal as well.

• Like 3

OMG, I am so frustrated.  Not only do I have to find a skin that I actually like, but it must come with appliers that actually match properly (as they do not all do so).  Additionally, I also  need said skin to come with an applyer for the SLink feet and properly match said feet, which also does not always happen.  And I'll be damned if I'm giving up the shoe collection I'm gathered since returning - because I already threw out hundreds of shoes from the old days because the weird alpha thing doesn't work anymore.

I am truly not sure that mesh bodies are worth this much hassle.

/me stomps off to throw a fit and pout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG, I am so frustrated.  Not only do I have to find a skin that I actually like, but it must come with appliers that actually match properly (as they do not all do so).  Additionally, I also  need said skin to come with an applyer for the SLink feet and properly match said feet, which also does not always happen.  And I'll be damned if I'm giving up the shoe collection I'm gathered since returning - because I already threw out hundreds of shoes from the old days because the weird alpha thing doesn't work anymore.

Did you buy a body? Maitreya has feet built in....flat, medium and high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me hugs Lil too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Did you buy a body? Maitreya has feet built in....flat, medium and high.

i was gifted the Maitreya Lara.  And while it does have feet built in, the vast majority of the new shoes I've bought are SLink only - I bought my SLink feet shortly after returning when I discovered that my old shoes wouldn't work anymore.  So to wear any of those new shoes, I need to have a skin that can manage to supply a properly matched Maitreya body applier AND a properly matched Slink feet applier.  Otherwise, I just have to toss all of those shoes and I really, really do not want to do that. 

I do have a few pair that work with Maitreya also - and I have the 3 pair of pumps that Maitreya gives as a gift, but that is a very limited selection of styles and colors.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

i was gifted the Maitreya Lara.  And while it does have feet built in, the vast majority of the new shoes I've bought are SLink only - I bought my SLink feet shortly after returning when I discovered that my old shoes wouldn't work anymore.  So to wear any of those new shoes, I need to have a skin that can manage to supply a properly matched Maitreya body applier AND a properly matched Slink feet applier.  Otherwise, I just have to toss all of those shoes and I really, really do not want to do that. 

I do have a few pair that work with Maitreya also - and I have the 3 pair of pumps that Maitreya gives as a gift, but that is a very limited selection of styles and colors.

Slink has a page that does automatching on a great many skins. That should help you somewhat. https://slinkstyle.com/appliers_non-applier-matches/

ETA: Trust me, I do understand the frustration and sympathize!

Edited by HoneyBear Lilliehook
  • Like 4