Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

WOOHOO! I musta missed Skel's resignation post! Congrats!

I recently lateral-shifted my way out of a job that I knew on my first week (9 years ago) was the biggest mistake of my life (and with the choices I've made, that is quite significant) 

Good on ya!  May your next endeavor be a better fit.. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

User: HELP is 44335557 but' that's 2 numbers short?

Since I was a very late adopter to the whole texting thing, I'm still a really bad texter.  Even w/ my querty keyboard, I am slow - and more like a snail if I have to use an actual number pad for it. 

Therefore, it took me good solid minute or two to even figure out how HELP became that many numbers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

... late adopter ...

hehehe

Thinking back on a hemi-semi-related vein: I looked down at the odometer on my truck recently and saw  31310.  As a dinosaur geek I read the number 3 as the letter "E", etc, and I thought to myself "I'm driving Old MacDonald's Farm truck!"

• Like 6

Entirely unrelated....

I guess it's inevitable that I post in this thread that won't die since I am feeling more and more like part of the Forum Family! And I'll stop being anti-social and start looking people up in world one of theses days too. But not until August since I am about to head out on an extended RL-with-no-SL-available trip (well except for the forum!).

I did NOT wade through all 67 pages of posts here yet though. Only about 30 or so...

xo

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sagadin said:

Entirely unrelated....

I guess it's inevitable that I post in this thread that won't die since I am feeling more and more like part of the Forum Family! And I'll stop being anti-social and start looking people up in world one of theses days too. But not until August since I am about to head out on an extended RL-with-no-SL-available trip (well except for the forum!).

I did NOT wade through all 67 pages of posts here yet though. Only about 30 or so...

xo

You are part of the Forum Family, I say so! =~.~=

Enjoy your trip and be safe!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Entirely unrelated....

xo

Welcome! :)

Gold Star.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Well, if you are ever super bored and have read all of this thread, here are the links to the original that ran from April 2008 until a forum change in Feb 2010 (4176 pages) and the second incarnation that started in Mar 2011 and went until Feb 2015 for the most part (it had a couple of posts this past Jan and a few confusion posts in Mar when this thread started).  That latter one was only 12 pages though, so not near as epic.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/85/252954/1.html

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/32554-just-ignore-and-let-this-one-die/

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Do you ever wonder how some people can remember to breath without you there to tell them what to do?

"Rhonda!  Help!  We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas."

[ETA]
Yeah ... this just happened ...

User: I forgot my password.
Me: You'll need to call the help desk.  It happens a lot and only takes a moment to get back in.
User: What's the number to the help desk?
Me: 4357.  Just dial "HELP" from any company phone."
-- two minutes later --
User: What's the last 2 numbers?
Me: "Excuse me?"
User: HELP is 44335557 but' that's 2 numbers short?

Me: -- in my head -- Are you trying to be stupid?  You little millennial @#*&, you never even had to do that on your phone!

Am I getting old?  I have never been age prejudiced before ...

At work once someone almost passed out from heat exhaustion, she just sat on the floor til someone found her. She was asked why she didn't call 911, and she said she didn't know the number.

• Like 1

The familiar salutation "Bro" for a male, presumably short for "brother", was acceptable to me although it took me a while to not cringe at being referred to as  "brother" by strangers.  One of dumbing-down's definitive achievements, however, is to then take this too-insincere salutation and spell it "bruh" as is commonly seen these days.

As to pronunciation I can only assume that in this spelling it rhymes with "duh", which AFAIAC says more about the speaker than the addressee. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the congrats on the new job, people. I'm downsizing: going from a big corporate to a much smaller place. Even at the interview stage it felt more like a family than a soulless entity, and I'm happy with that.

6 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Menswear makers often pack sets with corresponding size markings - that don't cooperate.  Wear the medium shirt with the medium pants? Wrong.

Sometimes that can be useful if you're trying to mix and match. Today I'm wearing pants from one designer (Gabriel) and a jacket from another (Scars). When I wore the Slink-fit versions of each, the butt of the pants poked through the back of the jacket. So I tried on the TMP-fit pants (even though I don't own the TMP body) and they fitted under the jacket perfectly.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Menswear makers often pack sets with corresponding size markings - that don't cooperate.

Well we ladies can have this issue even if they do cooperate, because our own tops and bottoms might not match the same way as the clothing. I typically have to wear a top that is a size larger than the bottom.