lookiing for a true Christian friend

Rachael4God

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not in SL for sex or the wild things, I am a  devout Christian lady ,,, seeking to find a nice Christian man. To discuss things, explore, all things that build up our faith.

Are there any such people in SL? So far all I have met are those seeking the crude elements. Surely some are in that know God.

• Like 1

I am a Christian, though to be honest my SL does not always look like I am. I am trying to clean some of that up, if you want maybe we could get together sometime. There are so Christian sims here that are worth checking out. IM me some time.

• Like 1

If you do a general search for Sunday church services, you will see that there are a good many Christians in SL. A friend of mine is a RL pastor and has church services here during the week as well as on Sundays. You will likely be pleasantly surprised. There are also a good many Christian groups which you will find if you use search.

• Like 2

On 26-3-2017 at 1:36 AM, Rachael4God said:

,,, seeking to find a nice Christian man.

define christian ... a scottisch puritin or dutch reformed christian will never say a catholic or evangelical is a good christian ... nor a american evangelical, nor a normal reformed, nor a amish, nor a mormon nor a .... and so on....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

define christian ... a scottisch puritin or dutch reformed christian will never say a catholic or evangelical is a good christian ... nor a american evangelical, nor a normal reformed, nor a amish, nor a mormon nor a .... and so on....

If you stuck them together long enough, I don't think you could get two Christians of any stripe to say the other was true.

;-).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you stuck them together long enough, I don't think you could get two Christians of any stripe to say the other was true.

;-).

i'm affraid when you stuck those together only one survives... not the best but the meanest and strongest :)

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 5:36 PM, Rachael4God said:

I am not in SL for sex or the wild things, I am a  devout Christian lady ,,, seeking to find a nice Christian man. To discuss things, explore, all things that build up our faith.

Are there any such people in SL? So far all I have met are those seeking the crude elements. Surely some are in that know God.

While I am not sure of your particular branch of Christianity or how that  may mesh, I might recommend checking out the UCC folks in SL, who have a pretty strong group going.

You can find other Christian (and other religious sects) at http://secondlife.com/destinations/belief

Edited by Marianne McCann
Madelaine beat me to it!

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I am pretty sure that if any of these were in SL, they would have no problem with gathering together here, Theological differences are more important in the real world, Though I also doubt you will find anyone of the Scottish puritin or Dutch reformed faiths involved with Second Life to start with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I am pretty sure that if any of these were in SL, they would have no problem with gathering together here, Theological differences are more important in the real world, Though I also doubt you will find anyone of the Scottish puritin or Dutch reformed faiths involved with Second Life to start with.

You're joking right? I used to be a moderator in a number ofatheist chatrooms way back when, on MSN, and said atheist chats were dumped in the 'religious' debate' section of the site, and we often got to watch the interdenominational feuding between the "31 Flavours Of The 1st Church of Christ Web Troll Griefer Trash".

They'd send raiding parties against each other, to spam links to their one "one true christ-chat" into "heathen" chats,  denial of service attacks, attempted password hacking. 

One enterprising evangelical with their own mini-lan and lots of powerful pc's, logged in 20 odd times, so he could run 20 odd chatroom bots in 20 odd rooms he made, using unicode characters to ensure HIS rooms were at the top of the alphabetical sort, AND that any rooms after his didn't show up at all (dodgy chars at the end of the last name that broke the page coding and terminated the list display), each of his 20 odd no-chat-allowed rooms was named for a different denomination or religion, and existed solely to make the list look normal to a casual glance while the bots redirected everyone to his "One True Funless-Mental Evade-Genital Church of Christ Web Troll" chatroom.

Experience shows that the only thing a "True Christian" hates more than other "True Christians" is us godless types, standing at the side laughing while they kill each other...

8 hours ago, Klytyna said:

You're joking right? 

Joking? No, Naive? probably, Overly optimistic? apparently yes. Maybe I should have said this is how it should be, this is certainly how I approach it. I never in a million years would have had my RL wedding in a Catholic Church, officiated by a Catholic priest, but my SL wedding was, I wanted to have 1, someone who was a Christian Minister in SL, 2 someone who was male, the finer points of doctrine I didn't worry about.  As for "true Christians" these are people who truly seek to live as Christ taught, which pretty well eliminates 95% of those who call themselves Christians. 

• Like 1

To all that have replied,,,,,,,,,,,, first off its not the denomination that makes one a true believer in Christ. It is ones heart.

i respect all that believe in the one true God,, love the Lord with all their heart and soul.

i also have deep respect for the Jewish faith, and believe they are still the chosen by God.  I do not judge, that is up to God.

The reason i asked to meet  Christian friends, is that we would have more in common, and are not in SL to have sex.

Please understand ,,,,, i used this question in search of decent people to explore SL with, i know its not the best place

to grow in my faith, i do hope to find those that value good morals,,,, respect for self and others........ i have found most true

believers have these values. And as i have said, are not in SL for the crude elements.

to those that do know the Lord, no matter what denomination you belong to,,,,, may your day be filled with peace and joy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that when people claim they are a "True Believer", they are always hypocrite that hide behind the word when they don't agree with something. Instead of saying they don't like something, they always make excuses and are never direct with what they want. Also, I do believe in god, I just don't believe in organized religion as it gets easily abused and is almost as money hungry as corporations or firms can be. While they do have legit services, it feels too much like high school, which is what I don't like. 

Anyway, good luck in trying to find someone who is a "True Believer", as that is probably the most narrow minded view of who you believe to be as acceptable. While you say that, you should state what makes you think someone is more of a believer so that way you can increase the chances you'll actually find someone that is compatible. Also stating other miscellaneous features may also increase the chances that you find someone that will be willing to reply to you about. 

Last, As a christian my self, i believe you shouldn't advertise that you are looking for a True Believer. You should filter who you feel is close to your strength in belief even if you decide to turn alot of people away, which is the attitude i find you most likely have. I my self reside more on the Christian Buddhist, or Lutheran side of the realm of the religion. However, i don't actively prey every day or what not. 

I am in SL for exactly the same reason.  I would also love to meet some people who are not into having sex and enjoy the beauty of SL, explore, dance, maybe figure out building, clean fun!  I've sent you an IM.  Look up Kate Monigal next time you're online!  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 1:52 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

;-).

It truth, two people can live in harmony - but if there are three, two will Anathematize the third and declare some form of Holy War. That works for religions, philosophy, politics and even roleplay-groups ("that's not REAL para-post").

Our tendency towards dis-harmony is only offset by our libido. If humans were not looking for new Adult Relations constantly, we'd have wiped each other out long ago ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.