I have no experience in making avatars or avatar bases/mesh (If that's what they are called). I want someone's help who has knowledge of how to make an avatar mesh or turn a character into an avatar. I really want to be different. I will pay 10000 in L$ to anyone who can make an avatar out of my character only for me (<color=red>I don't want anyone wearing my character.</color>) Anthro or Feral will do.

If you have any proof of your skill in making Avatars, post or PM me a link to one of your Avatar creations so that I know that you're a creator. We will discuss further in PMs.

I will post a picture of my name tag.

Tag.PNG

10,000L won't even begin to cover the cost of a custom avatar to be made. It will cost you more in the several hundreds USD...Since you want anthro, you might check out the Kimono avatar. It comes in parts and is modifiable and customizable.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

10k just isn't going to do it. From a creators perspective it just wouldn't make a lot of sense—even for a hobbyist. The Kemono avatar made by Utilizator is great because there are a lot of products on the market supporting it and it has a pretty good size following.

Depending on how ambitious you were,  you'd probably have better luck finding someone in your price range to customize components of an existing avatar (i.e. clothing and or accessories). then having one fully built outright.

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 2

You should post in the "wanted" section of the forums. But as Bobbie said, it is a small price to offer for a full avatar. You are better off creationg your own, unique look by mixing and matching parts that is already made. And you may find that some thousand §L will pay for a custom changed skin for example. But the whole avatar? Not likely.

Buy you can always ask. A better place to ask than here, is in inworld groups. Go to a hangout where you find avatars in your style, talk to people. Most of them are happy to help you to find a group where you can ask for custom work. This will also give you an idea of the cost.

• Like 2

Oh. My apologies.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing. I thought since a lot of the pricing on the Market Place was like that.... well overall, I'm a bit confused. But I still am determined to find a way to make my character an Avatar.

Thanks for the suggestions.

A ready-made avatar that can be sold to more than one person might sell for $10,000L (about $40 USD). If that avatar sells to 10 people, that's $100,000L; to 50 people, that's $500,000L. The number of sales should eventually make the time investment worth it. 

You're asking for a custom creation sold ONLY TO YOU. That's a significant investment of time with a very limited return. The creator has no option of selling that avatar in the future for a higher return; the one-time fee you pay them is the ONLY money they'll see for that creation. A single one-time payment of $10,000L is very, very low, in that case.

Up your price. Significantly. When you find a creator willing to work with you, you can negotiate price. Be aware that their price may be higher than you want to spend. You'll need to figure out how much having that avatar, and having it made JUST FOR YOU and not for resale, is worth to you. 

• Like 2

That is a great point Ariel. That's exactly what i was referring to when I said it just wouldn't make a lot of sense from a creators standpoint. I'd also like to add for anyone that may read this in the future to be mindful of scams. A scammer may look to take advantage of someone who is newer, less experienced and so willing to put aside common sense for something they really want. In cases like this, it is imperative that you keep logs of all conversations, make sure it is clear on what is wanted and what will be delivered. What the payment model looks like and do your homework. The full breakdown of that goes beyond the scope of this thread but I did want to put that out there.

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 1

Rather than seek a custom-made avatar, why not do what almost everyone else does?  Buy parts!  Mix, match, adjust...until you have your very own custom look.  Best of all, you made it yourself!

• Like 1