Having troubles adding a texture

pearlapis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, recently my partner gifted me with the Krankhaus Baggy Hoodie and a Zelda texture for the hoodie - I put on a hoodie with a color I didn't mind changing and tried to add the Zelda texture by editing it - despite my efforts, it will not replace the texture the hoodie already has.

It will show up for an instant (not actually on the hoodie, but the edit window) and then go back to the original tex. Is there something I am doing wrong? I'd like to wear it

Please try not to be vague with answers, I'm more of a step-by-step person

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Contact the maker of the hoodie.

There are usually note cards with these items that tell you how to modify things.

It sounds like it is no-mod... Drag the item from inventory to the ground. Right-click and edit it. Look on the General tab to see what your permissions are. To return it to inventory, right-click and select TAKE.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

Ok, the product is mod, but the texture isn't... Hmmm... first thing that occurs to me is that you are editing it while worn? and it's not letting you drag a no mod texture onto it, try retexturing while its rezzed on the ground, 2nd thing that occurs is, is the top scripted with a color change hud or does it come with a bunch of unscripted tops in different colours, if it's scripted the script might be replacing the new texture with the old, so you could try deleting any colour/texture change scripts in thSPARE copy of the top, before adding thew new texture, best I can think of off the top of my head, since i dont own the item and am not personally familier with it

11 hours ago, pearlapis said:

Hi, recently my partner gifted me with the Krankhaus Baggy Hoodie and a Zelda texture for the hoodie - I put on a hoodie with a color I didn't mind changing and tried to add the Zelda texture by editing it - despite my efforts, it will not replace the texture the hoodie already has.

It will show up for an instant (not actually on the hoodie, but the edit window) and then go back to the original tex. Is there something I am doing wrong? I'd like to wear it

Please try not to be vague with answers, I'm more of a step-by-step person

Thanks

Hello, pearlapis

Although generally we're not able to advise on specific products, it does sound like the hoodie will have come with some kind of HUD or texture panel, and rather than dragging the texture onto the hoodie itself, you would need to drag the texture onto a spare space on the HUD/panel.  Instructions of how to do this should have come with the hoodie, but if you cannot find these instructions, please contact the creator to ask.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.