Sign in to follow this  
marysan2

Adopting Adult Kids

Hi everyone, 
My partner and I are looking into adopting forever kids:
•We are: laid back, goofy, geeky, caring, Dedicated.
•Our hobbies: family dinners, movie nights, exploration, seasonal vacations, bowling, zombies or simply standing around chatting.
•We believe in: Mutual respect, communication, honesty, loyalty and FUN of course.

•We are looking for:
☑ Age: Adult 18+
☑ Gender: Any
☑ Race: Human preferred. Nothing personal, we just want the most realistic family experience possible.
☑ Engaging kids who don't wait for us to IM them all the time.
☑ Kids who know what they want: We've been actively looking for over 12 months therefore indecisiveness and unreliability are things we won't waste time on. 
☑Kids who can be online before 2PM slt since my partner and I are on different time zones.

•The deal breakers
☑ Solicitous avatars/attire and profiles. No your family shouldn't be seeing your body parts or know about your adult "activities", that is common sense.
☑ Excessive drama

Leave me a notecard (my IMs do get capped!) in-world if you would like to get to know us.
Genuine and serious people only!
Thanks, talk soon :)

16804118_1042434232555262_6085444206281701098_o.jpg

I had an adult child adopt me, looking back i should have told her to go away. I had just gotten someone to RP as my child and was excited and put the word Mommy in my display name and suddenly I had this woman calling me Mommy. I have an art business, and she bought a lot of art, so I let her stay. Now she is kinda established with the whole family, but she is not ideal at all, especially in regards to you first deal breaker. I am sure thee are others like her, so be careful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quinn Lysette said:

hi i will apply for that  adopt me and pay my real life rent please ?

We don't need that, but you should think more how you want to sell yourself instead wasting our time with lame post.

• Like 1

Be careful, as i come across people wanting to adopt me, and mostly it turns out they want a sex slave to boot. I would actually suggest, you make friends with someone naturally, and go from there. That way you know if you have a family bond, and don't get weirdos, asking on here for stangers to be your 'kids' can lead to a lot of hassle.

Good luck and i hope you have a great family :D

9 hours ago, Misty Selentiak said:

Be careful, as i come across people wanting to adopt me, and mostly it turns out they want a sex slave to boot. I would actually suggest, you make friends with someone naturally, and go from there. That way you know if you have a family bond, and don't get weirdos, asking on here for stangers to be your 'kids' can lead to a lot of hassle.

That's true, it always turns into a sexual RP

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 4:07 PM, Zekk28 said:

We don't need that, but you should think more how you want to sell yourself instead wasting our time with lame post.

But lame posts are Quinn's special skill.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:00 AM, Misty Selentiak said:

You get weirdos and strangers both from in-world adoption agencies and also on here. That's just part of SL, (hell, part of RL too) you just gotta brush them off your shoulder and move on. Posting here is still worth a shot minus the "I seek attention" posts which do not add any value to the discussion (example: Quinn's etc). I'm afraid some of you have run into "pixel thirsty" people, which doesn't mean that everyone adopting adult kids has the same wrong intentions. So try not to scare potential kids off, who may be reading this post, with your bad experiences tyvm.

Thank you and don't worry about us, We know what we are doing.

Edited by marysan2
  • Like 2

If your serious about adopting and you certainly do not mind the suggestions

As someone who's seen the bad side of rushing into adoption trust me on this never ever rush.

My first piece of advice would be to go to a adoption place, Heritage is a good one. Browse the cards there seen if any take your fancy, you can create a panel yourselfs and fill in the app, IM the person to let them you are interested in speaking with them if they like your bio. Adoption places are a good way to see who you'll mesh with, you can test the waters so to speak.

Another is do what is called the longer adoption process, while they normally are like 7 days don't worry about those, take as long as you need to see how you all work together. It can certainly take time to see how you all work, if times online will match etc etc.

Best of luck though!

On 26-3-2017 at 5:23 PM, Nostoll said:

That's true, it always turns into a sexual RP

ehm no.. it doesn't

i have a sl son for 7 yrs .. never did those things... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belinda Millet said:

If your serious about adopting and you certainly do not mind the suggestions

As someone who's seen the bad side of rushing into adoption trust me on this never ever rush.

My first piece of advice would be to go to a adoption place, Heritage is a good one. Browse the cards there seen if any take your fancy, you can create a panel yourselfs and fill in the app, IM the person to let them you are interested in speaking with them if they like your bio. Adoption places are a good way to see who you'll mesh with, you can test the waters so to speak.

Another is do what is called the longer adoption process, while they normally are like 7 days don't worry about those, take as long as you need to see how you all work together. It can certainly take time to see how you all work, if times online will match etc etc.

Best of luck though!

No one said we were ever rushing and I DO mind suggestions lol. I clearly didn't post this to get suggestions. Hello? 12 months looking, I've done my homework thanks!

Edited by marysan2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As someone who's found herself with an RL "adopted" 23 year old, lazy, stubborn, 6'2" 250 pound college kid, all I have to say is...

DON'T DO IT!!!

;-).

Lol! Fun stuff.