How to?

Willow Bouevier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You always have to wear a shape, but you can normally edit its settings to give yourself a big nose, anime eyes, whatever you want. Start by wearing whichever shape is closest to what you want, then right-click the shape or your avi, then Appearance -> Edit shape.You don't need to buy a separate mesh head.

Edited by angeoco

If you purchased these shapes recently make sure they don't say "bento". Bento shapes are made for specific heads and will look odd without them. Make a copy of the shape and adjust the sliders like Angeco recommended or find a shape that is made for system heads or make your own.

Like Clover said it sounds like you picked up a shape designed for a Bento mesh head. Those heads allow for a lot more customization then then a standard mesh head. That is part of their appeal.

You can still utilize the shape of the body—to do so just edit the the shape and note the settings per body type (torso, legs, etc.) and then adjust your shape with those figures. If you're body is not mesh keep in mind that the appearance will be not be identical to that of the ad, nor will the results be identical without using the same mesh body for which it was designed for. Most also include a style card as you may have seen which tells you what skin and other appliers were used to create the look in the ad. I hope that helps!

As a general reminder always keep a backup of your shape and modify off that copy.

Did you try on the demo? If so was it any different then the final product you received? The ad doesn't specify that the head is Bento and according to the descriptor she was using an mouth ad-on which makes me think its again non Bento. Perhaps she made a mistake? My suggestion would be to contact the seller and ask for assistance. If you post a picture on here of what your avi looks like with the shape it may also help.

If you didn't try the demo, always make sure you do whenever possible. If the seller does not offer a demo and you really want to see the shape, some will model it for you or provide a demo if you speak to them directly. Keep in mind that skins, poses and even clothing can alter how a shape may appear so that is why a demo is so valuable.

Slow? Sorry Willow but that is a bad reason to not try a demo on lol. 600L is a pretty costly amount for a shape IMO, I would have tried the demo on to be sure I was going to get something I intended on using. I still stand behind what I said. Contact the seller and let them know what the issue is. Attach a photo to the NC as well.

• Like 1

The description of the product in the advert does mention that a specific mesh head is used, though I think that must simply mean they used the mesh head in the product picture, so don't be surprised that the shape's head is nothing like what you see illustrated.   And the advert does say, quite clearly, 

Warning before you buy.

Try on demo!!

However, since the shape is mod, I don't see why you can't play with the face to get it looking how you want, which is what most people do any way,  unless they go for mesh heads.   I spent years tweaking my avatar's face until I got her looking as I wanted, and I still play around with the settings when I get a new skin or new hair.    Modifying your avatar is part of the fun of SL, I think.

• Like 1

Loud Mouth is a lip add-on , not a complete mesh head. It gained a lot of popularity before mesh heads went mainstream. I haven't kept on it in awhile but I'd be surprised if someone used it on a mesh head or even a Bento mesh head (if possible). That's why I am curious how this shape turned out.

7 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Loud Mouth is a lip add-on , not a complete mesh head. It gained a lot of popularity before mesh heads went mainstream. I haven't kept on it in awhile but I'd be surprised if someone used it on a mesh head or even a Bento mesh head (if possible). That's why I am curious how this shape turned out.

Yes, but you need to edit the default shape mouth a lot so it will fit in under the Loud Mouth attachment. I remember it from the time when I was wearing a Loud Mouth. The edits to the mouth shape made it look hilarious. And the default shape will not look like the picture with the Loud Mouth, even if you edit it. But you can make it look like a ordinary default shape mouth, and wear an alpha to get the half-open lips look.

Also 100% on trying a demo, and here the seller urged her to do so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.